Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Shira #690979 05/27/11 05:29 PM
Shark
Shark
Orson Scott Card's Ender's Game & the series, Songmaster,
Anne MacCaffrey's Dragon Riders of Pern series, petaybee series, crystal singer series
Lord of the Rings

Sponsored Post Advertisement
.... #691140 05/28/11 11:57 PM
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I love the Ender books. My all time favorite Sci-Fi author is Robert Heinlein. He has given me thousands of hours of pleasure. Also, he has shaped my attitudes. When I had children, I made sure that they were exposed to his world-view, too. "Back in the day" he had some of the few strong female characters.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Shira #706922 08/11/11 03:13 PM
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
George R. R. Martin's series - A Song of Ice And Fire

I just finished Patrick Rothfuss' 2nd book "A Wise Man's Fear" which is the sequel to "The Name of the Wind", and I really like both of those.

Shira #707843 08/16/11 10:49 AM
F
Gecko
Gecko
F
"Stranger in a Strange Land now (the original uncut version"

As I understand it, there is no "original, uncut version." The original version is the "cut version" abridged by the author.

IMO, what an author keeps at home and does not release to the public should not be considered the "original" version. It is more of a 'working script'.

Heinlein was dead before the 'new' uncut version was ever released. I'm pretty sure what he wanted his readers to have was the novel he submitted for publication in 1961.

T
T
if you're looking for a series: Lord of the rings game of thrones the belgrariad by david eddings (great series that got me into fantasy) One offs: Any Ray Bradbury Cat's Cradle (this counts as sci fi right?) Ender's game (this is actually part of a series but this is the best)

Gecko
Gecko
I have just read this one book on Sci-fi/fantas by Dean Koontz. It's 'Voice of the Night'. But I really loved it..been meaning to read more.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
P
P
The last post here was over a year ago, so I hope someone is reading this! Is anyone here reading the Discworld books by Terry Pratchett? I can't get enough of them! They are funny, intelligent and meaningful. Highly entertaining. I'm also reading Cloud Atlas. I haven't seen the movie yet. I'm looking forward to the release of The Host in the spring. The book is by Stephanie Meyer but it could not be any less like Twilight!

E
Koala
Koala
E
I quite like Terry Pratchett's Discworld, especially the Tiffany Aching books.

Fave Fantasy series: Robin Hobb's Farseer Trilogy

Fave Sci Fi: Greg Egan's Schild's Ladder

Last edited by elle; 01/04/13 08:24 PM.

Elle Carter Neal
BellaOnline Alumna
U
U
Ok, I'll give you categories based on reading length: Series: C. J. Cherryh's Foreigner series. These SciFi books have realistically little action, but the psychology, and the realistic portrayal of alien civilizations meeting and living together is amazing. Trilogy: C.S. Friedman's The Coldfire Trilogy. This is the one trilogy that I've probably read 10 or more times. It's fantastic. If I had to suggest one thing to read, it'd be this. Plus the original cover art was done by Michael Whelan. How can you say no to that? Single Book: Aldous Huxley's Brave New World. My All time favorite Sci-Fi book. Ever. It's not an easy read for everyone, I mean, it's old, so you have to get used to the story telling style. Once you do though, it's a fantastic story.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  SF/FBooks Evelyn 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.