Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
brokers12, DrdubbleG, mandyjones, Nicola x, Pure Bliss Handbags
57155 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57155 Members
417 Forums
112908 Topics
799250 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 746
Beetlemess 547
Nancy Roussy 230
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 115
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 104
Mystic - Romance Movies 100
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 65
Dianne W - Editor 64
Karm - SW USA Editor 56
Tracy - Philosophy 56
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#295855 - 03/01/07 04:51 PM Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? [Re: nosy]
Vannie Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Lemons, limes, oranges in a bowl is a wonderful idea. Once I went to a party and the hostess had put loaves of fresh bread in a large basket. I do love things like this. smile

Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Twitter Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Facebook Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to MySpace Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Reddit
#295859 - 03/01/07 05:11 PM Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? [Re: Julie - Computer Careers]
Vannie Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Julie,

You are so right about using a knife properly. My problem was which knife to use to cut which food. crazy I did an online search and found this great site from the USA Government. I printed it out and keep it with my cookbooks.

The site is pdf and has lot of pages, but well worth looking into and printing.
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Twitter Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Facebook Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to MySpace Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? to Reddit
#311096 - 05/03/07 07:24 PM Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? [Re: Vannie]
BellaMia Offline
Amoeba

I cut up my veggies when I first buy them, and then I freeze them. When it is cooking time, all the time consuming prep work has been done and it goes by so quickly.

#328012 - 07/10/07 10:22 PM Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? [Re: BellaMia]
Snjezana Offline

Peeling ginger is so fast when you use a spoon bowl held with round part towards you and just scrape! Like magic it peels and doesen't take half the ginger away.

I learned this on the Thai site here on Bellaonline-so clever!

#448917 - 09/01/08 12:47 PM Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? [Re: Snjezana]
Straycat Offline
Shark

Loc: Missouri
I recently bought a handy gadget that helps when making salsa. It's a Vidalia Chop Wizard. It has two different inserts to chop
onion or tomatoes. I really like it. The chunks of tomato look neat and the onion is smaller.

#486415 - 01/20/09 03:59 AM Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? [Re: Julie - Computer Careers]
three spices Offline
Amoeba

I too always use aluminum foil on my baking sheets. Easy clean up Also when baking cakes or pasta dishes I always put a tray lined with foil underneath so spills are not a problem.

#671985 - 03/22/11 05:07 AM Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? [Re: Julie - Computer Careers]
meganjo Offline

good tips thanks for posting :)

#672000 - 03/22/11 06:35 AM Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? [Re: meganjo]
Kaycee Will Offline
Shark

Whenever I make curry, I grind tomatoes, onion, ginger garlic and all the spices together and fry it in the oil in spite of frying them individually, This saves a lot of time fuel and gives a better taste.

#727438 - 11/25/11 11:24 AM Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? [Re: Vannie]
thebuddinggourmet Offline

nice tips

#727445 - 11/25/11 01:31 PM Re: Do You Have a Food Prep or Cooking Tip to Share? [Re: Vannie]
Vannie Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

I now keep a large cookie tray in my oven to collect spills. I got this idea from poster 'three spices.'

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Vannie 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Chopped
by Nancy Roussy
Reality TV
44 minutes 16 seconds ago
Easy Ham Cheesy 30 min. Primavera
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Home Cooking
Today at 01:37 AM
What type of shoe or shoes do you enjoy wearing ?
Women's Fashion
Today at 01:31 AM
Back To School Nerves!
Home Cooking
Today at 01:10 AM
Do you prefer to go shopping online?
by WilliamK
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 01:09 AM
Chocolate Dirt Cup Recipe
Chocolate
Today at 01:02 AM
Online shopping Vs Store Shopping?
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 01:00 AM
New Article: The Birdcage!
Comedy Movies
Today at 12:59 AM
The Colbert Report
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
Today at 12:06 AM
The Daily Show
by Nancy Roussy
Specialty Channels
Today at 12:03 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 73 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.