Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Jessyyoga, Arash, Ziv Halevy, HectorHernandez, TaraV
57403 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57404 Members
417 Forums
113452 Topics
805470 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 07:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 617
Beetlemess 265
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 152
Jana - Creativity Editor 142
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 78
Nancy Roussy 61
Susan - Meditation Editor 45
Mona - Astronomy 39
Sandra Investing/HFinance 34
Dianne W - Editor 25
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#755647 - 04/06/12 03:11 PM Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... [Re: IH8FMS]
M o e Offline
Tiger

Loc: Ontario, Canada
IH8FMS - I don't think it is necessarily important for you to have more than one journal if that is what works for you. Some of us like to compartmentalize our thoughts and ideas and some of don't. I think if you have found a method that allows to you deliver and continue stream of thought that you should revel in it. My two cents anyway.

Cassie - I think you have hit on a very therapeutic way of handling your grief as well as creating a keep sake for future reference. Great idea.
Latest Favorite Things Blog
* Wool Pea Coat Review
Latest Squidoo Lens
* Plus Size Active Wear

Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Twitter Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Facebook Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to MySpace Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Stumbleupon Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Reddit
#755896 - 04/08/12 11:21 PM Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... [Re: IH8FMS]
kkgarcia Offline
BellaOnline Editor

I used to keep multiplet journals and it just got too confusing. . .What I have found is that those with multiple journals usually journal electronically

Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Twitter Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Facebook Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to MySpace Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Stumbleupon Add Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... to Reddit
#756024 - 04/09/12 01:34 PM Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... [Re: kkgarcia]
Debbie-SpiritualityEditor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

I have just two journals, and they work out very well for me. One is for my personal issues, and the other is a memorial to my deceased boyfriend, where I can remember things and talk to him there for my personal healing in regards to his passing. I would not want my other personal topics mixed into his journal, and vice versa.

#769685 - 06/22/12 06:15 PM Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... [Re: IH8FMS]
Encore DT Offline
Gecko

I used to write music and had a somewhat daily diary journal. I found it very helpful to separate the two, as the music journal was my creative side, which allowed me to experiment, whereas my daily journal was filled with more logical thoughts and details. I never wanted to mix the two up.

#792679 - 11/14/12 02:04 PM Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... [Re: IH8FMS]
Romance Offline

Loc: CA - California
[quote=IH8FMS]One of the reasons that I have never gone for separate journals is because I get into writing and my thoughts just kind of segue from one thing to another pretty rapid-fire and I'm thinking if I had more than one journal I'd get all mixed up... I'm easily confuzzled! So, those of you with multiple journals, how do you deal with that and keep them straight? Is there repetition, or when you start veering off into a topic for another journal, do you write[i] See other journal[/i], or what? [/quote] :fish:I write the topic of each journal on the first page of each journal. :wall: [i][/i][b][/b]

#797536 - 12/23/12 09:29 PM Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... [Re: Debbie-SpiritualityEditor]
IH8FMS Offline
Shark

Loc: USA
What a wonderful idea, Debbie... wonderful as a memory book and wonderful for healing.
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing

#797695 - 12/25/12 06:07 AM Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... [Re: IH8FMS]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Thank you. I do like having the two separate journals, and the one I dedicate to my boyfriend has really helped me to release my grief.

Edited by Debbie-SpiritualityEditor (12/25/12 06:09 AM)

#797696 - 12/25/12 06:08 AM Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... [Re: Romance]
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant

Romance......no, I don't get my thoughts and writings mixed up or repeated in my two journals. They are two very separate topics.

#798518 - 12/31/12 05:33 PM Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... [Re: IH8FMS]
Jennifer-Creativity Offline

I have multiple journals. But sometimes it does get confusing. My first journal is a daybook where I capture whatever random thing be it a shopping list or a quote I like or a personal epiphany. The second journal is a diary type of journal and this is where I write out my thoughts at length and deal with emotions.

Then there are my notebooks and binders. These are separated by topic such as "creativity," "life lessons," "books read," and "writing." Because this method took up space, I went ahead and started transferring information into Evernote.

This has been fun to think about! What a good topic....

smile

#810526 - 03/10/13 06:22 PM Re: Question for those with multiple Journals... [Re: IH8FMS]
IH8FMS Offline
Shark

Loc: USA
It kind of circles back to what (in my opinion)is the VERY BEST thing about journal-writing... you can totally do it YOUR WAY! No having to follow anyone else's rules. You can read about journaling, take whatever of the ideas you want, and leave the rest!
S.N.E.R.T.s
Survivors of Nearly Every Rotten Thing

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  kkgarcia 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Al-Madinah International University
by mennat
Creativity
54 minutes 15 seconds ago
Al madinah international university opening apply
by mennat
Creativity
Today at 04:24 AM
Offer you the services offered by the universit
by mennat
Creativity
Today at 04:20 AM
A Photo A Day
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Photography
Yesterday at 08:13 PM
Beer-Kissed Cranberry Bread Recipe
by Carolyn-Beer & Brewing Editor
Beer & Brewing
Yesterday at 08:00 PM
Relief For Men With Unwanted Body Hair
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 03:32 PM
How often do you cut your hair?
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 03:26 PM
Stress Reduction is a Beauty Basic
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 03:21 PM
Using Nail Decals for Easy Nail Design
by Nancy Roussy
Beauty Basics
Yesterday at 03:14 PM
Teaching Moon Phases and Eclipses
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 01:13 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 71 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.