Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal: Syracuse Police Investigate As Basketball Coach Placed On Leave

Bernie Fine Sex Abuse Scandal

If any good can come out of the Penn State scandal, it seems to me that college-staff pedophiles are more likely to get caught. Not only will people be less likely to be part of a cover up, but people will report anything suspicious, even when they aren't sure there is abuse.

What do you think?

SUSAN D. BATES
COLLEGES

Connect with Colleges on Facebook at Colleges at BellaOnline.com

Follow Colleges on Twitter at colleges_info

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I think that people will be more aware of how important it is to report issues like this, which is a good thing. It's sad that anybody ever thought it was fine to sweep issues like this under the rug.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
Knowing way too many survivors of childhood molestation, as well as some innocent people caught up in false accusations - I never jump to conclusions. I just pray for everyone involved that the truth comes out.

I think victims will be more likely to come forward when they realize that the shame they feel isn't their shame. The perpetrator deserves to carry that shame.

I also think parents will not be as trusting, and organizations will cover their risk of liability - all leading to less children being in vulnerable situations in the first place.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Yes, I absolutely agree. We do need the trials for all of the information to come out. We can't be sure of anything until then. And yes, there have been lots of cases of false allegations of people over the years.

And yes, parents and other need to be less trusting and check into things more. (I have to say it's made me paranoid. I'm even afraid to send my child to summer camp anymore - something I loved as a child).

And yes, I agree with Lisa that we need to not let people think it is socially acceptable to sweep things under the rug.

SUSAN D. BATES
COLLEGES

Connect with Colleges on Facebook at Colleges at BellaOnline.com

Follow Colleges on Twitter at colleges_info

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.