Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
I looked all over the forums and couldn't find any dedicated to vintage dance. So I'm posting here. Don't tell me there are no Jitterbuggers or FoxTrotters or Tangoisto/as out there! I was raised by a father who thought Glen Miller was god and Jimmy and Tommy Dorsey were his prophets. ;) But my love of Big Band music is really about what you can dance to. Any lovers of the old time jazz like Satchmo out there? Or ragtime enthusiasts?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I love, love, love old time jazz.

What a wonderful world.... cool

Oh and talking of vintage dance, did you see my 'Downton Disco' thread at Brit TV, Kass? I wondered what you would make of the Downton Dollies - though maybe you don't watch Downton Abbey.

This is the link to all the female cast rigged up in glitter and glam for a Marie Claire UK photo spread -

Downton Disco Dollies

Eileen O�Sullivan
BritishTelevision Ed
K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
Hee hee hee! I saw the link, but I'm trying not to look at any spoilers for Season Two because we won't get it over here until January 2012. But if it's a photo shoot for Marie Claire, I'll have to look! Thanks!

K
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
K
God, it's hard to believe it's the same people in those clothes! LOL I saw the girl who wanted to be a typist from the first season in an episode of Case Histories and I didn't recognize her at all! People look so different when they aren't in historical dress, don't they? We people who dress up in historical clothing, when we see our dress-up friends on the street often say, "I didn't recognize you not in your clothes!" HA HA HA!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Fancy coming over to the thread at some point so we can work out who is who in that piccie?

As you say - they look SO different!! And how do they look better - Edwardian prim and proper v Disco Glam?

Eileen O�Sullivan
BritishTelevision Ed
G
G
jazz is so beautiful. I love it so much.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.