logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Hey Dianne, would you consider affiliate marketing a computer career or more of an advertising career that relies heavily on computers and the internet? What about search engine optimization? Would that be considered computer career or advertising or both?

I'm asking bcz I've helped two local personal training businesses achieve page 1 google rank for their niche and I might be doing this for another p.t. studio. This time I'm charging a consulting fee so I need a nice resume and proposal package that I can hand to this person in case they ask for it. Not sure how write up half of what I do online.

Search engine wizard comes to mind but probably won't look too professional wink Anyway, thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 11/14/11 03:40 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hi
Sorry for the delay in response. I know many that have turned search engine optimization into a business. Both of these would techncially fall under marketing which is a career in itself. I would not separate out SEO and affiliate marketing and call them "careers". They are definitely, however, businesses.

Many people are making money at helping people with SEO, definitely a worthwhile business in this day and age of computers. I think it's something you do very, very well!!! You could turn it into a marketing consulting business.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Thanks for the reply D. I actually just built a site for the gym owner where I train clients and a big part of what he wanted was SEO and the ability to do marketing and social networking with his site.

I agree with you that it's really marketing but you're just using online tools to do it. Thanks for your input. Now that I have a couple consulting/site building jobs under my belt I'm considering doing more of this. It is very fun for me and a good side business that will still allow me to work with people one on one but not in a fitness capacity which is a nice change of pace that has freed up energy to be more creative on my own fitness site and life purpose site.

I was never asked for a resume because the studio owner has known me for years now but I'm thinking I really need to update mine for future reference. How would I list my projects? Using business url or just name of business or both?

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 12/19/11 11:59 AM.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hey Ms. M.

You have truly found a good niche for you!!!

I'm waffling between an actual resume or perhaps a portfolio of your work instead.

I would think you would use both the business name and the URL so they can actually see your work, but this would make it more of a portfolio.

A resume would just list the position as a consultant/site builder and in the description you could list your clients.

I think a portfolio (much like an artist) would be an excellent document to have.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Thanks for all your ideas. Very helpful.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.