Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
hijklm823703, clairelacey30, arrowproject, Ashley Jessica, tmelton
56560 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56560 Members
417 Forums
111426 Topics
785917 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 253
Nancy Roussy 169
loongdragon 148
Rosie 66 136
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
James Andrew 99
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 91
Lestie4containergardens 55
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 55
Mona - Astronomy 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#724401 - 11/09/11 03:25 AM Do you text?
Angela J. Shirley Offline
Tiger

Hi Bella Family:

It took my only child moving away to college at age 18 for me to begin texting(lol).

It was either LEARN or never hear from her!!!!

Now I am in love with texting - so convenient and private. Not like the cell phone when no matter how hard you may try to keep your voice low, someone is sure to hear your conversation.

What are your thoughts on texting?

Now on the flip side of things, I am so over everyone including the city bus driver "texting" instead of paying attention to their driving. Only God has kept me safe on my bus rides as I can tell you some "near" misses. Sorry, but there needs to be some tougher measures for "texting" drivers.

And get this, it is against the city bus company rules to be texting, but does that stop some rebel bus drivers...

Add Do you text? to Twitter Add Do you text? to Facebook Add Do you text? to MySpace Add Do you text? to Del.icio.us Digg Do you text? Add Do you text? to Yahoo My Web Add Do you text? to Google Bookmarks Add Do you text? to Stumbleupon Add Do you text? to Reddit
#725424 - 11/14/11 11:41 AM Re: Do you text? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
sundancer Offline
Shark

I just started texting also. It took my adult kids to get me on board. Texting works for me when I am busy.
I have see many people texting or using a hand held cell phone when driving. In most states it is against the law. However,it doesn't stop people.
Embroidery Fashions Boutique

Add Re: Do you text? to Twitter Add Re: Do you text? to Facebook Add Re: Do you text? to MySpace Add Re: Do you text? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you text? Add Re: Do you text? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you text? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you text? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you text? to Reddit
#725677 - 11/15/11 12:41 PM Re: Do you text? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tiger

Hi sundancer:

Yes, a lot of folks continue to break the law and end up surviving a crash but killing INNOCENT folks in this rebellion.

Thanks for stopping by and sharing...

Add Re: Do you text? to Twitter Add Re: Do you text? to Facebook Add Re: Do you text? to MySpace Add Re: Do you text? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you text? Add Re: Do you text? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you text? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you text? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you text? to Reddit
#725692 - 11/15/11 02:15 PM Re: Do you text? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Allison_PCAdvice Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Boston, MA
Texting is the one technology/fad/communication tool that I don't like. Most of the time I find it takes longer to type and send the message than to make a phone call!

I do have people that text and will reply but very rarely do I select texting as way to communicate.

How about when you are in a room of people and they are texting each other? So odd.

#725761 - 11/16/11 12:59 AM Re: Do you text? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tiger

Yep, I agree Allison.

And I have some folks who only text(lol). Some say they get unlimited texts vs. very expensive phone plans with limited minutes.

Forget trying to get them to return calls or emails blush smile blush

#725774 - 11/16/11 02:23 AM Re: Do you text? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Yvonnie-Inspired Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Illinois, US
Love this topic. Yes I text.

I have a smart phone. In August my 9 year old left my 4G iPhone in Whole Foods (she was managing the grocery list on it). I really did mourn the loss of that phone. Even though I know that sometimes you have to lose things to make room for better things and better times, I could not properly communicate with anyone via text after that.

Just got the new 4GS & guess what? I can tell the phone what to text. Hands free texting while I drive! Love it!

That said, I still only manage to do it in a traffic jam or at a stop light. There is something to be said about trying to concentrate on driving and dictating a message at the same time.

#725861 - 11/16/11 01:39 PM Re: Do you text? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tiger

That is AWESOME Yvonne, I did not realize they had that technology, but again, keep in mind that at age 53 I am still attached to my prepaid AT&T Go Phone(lol).

Now my boyfriend finally kicked his prepaid TracFone to the curb and now has some T-Mobile Smartphone - there are so many versions, but either way, he had to study the manual that came with it - Yikes!!!

But he loves it and I am glad he went ahead and got it as our finances finally start to improve. Thank you Jesus smile

#730510 - 12/13/11 03:18 AM Re: Do you text? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
DJ - Wireless Cellular Offline

Loc: Florida
I thought at first it was foolish and now I realize that it is very time effective in certain situations. It is a quick way to communicate info, so I use it regularly on a daily basis.

#730560 - 12/13/11 01:02 PM Re: Do you text? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Tiger

Hi DJ:

Thanks for commenting - much appreciated!

#735219 - 12/28/11 10:52 PM Re: Do you text? [Re: Angela J. Shirley]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I love texting. I prefer it to all other forms of communication. I love how I don't have to make up small talk, or dawdle on the phone while trying to figure out how to say goodbye. I love the simplicity, ease and speed of texting.

It took getting a smart phone to enjoy texting, I will caveat.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Fashion
by A Style Life
Beauty Basics
Today at 05:16 AM
How to buy quality Silver rings?
by A Style Life
Fashion Jewelry
Today at 05:14 AM
Detaching from the Drama
by firefly
New Age
Today at 04:38 AM
People Having a Hard Time Sleeping?
by Prik
Dreams
Today at 03:17 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Today at 02:41 AM
How to Roll a Ball of Yarn
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 01:38 AM
Knitting Mitten Instructions
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 01:35 AM
Introduction to Bead Knitting
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 01:31 AM
Types of Knitting Needles
by John Alexander
Knitting
Today at 01:28 AM
Help! I wanna be a Life Coach!
by clairelacey30
Life Coaching
Today at 01:07 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
3 registered (Izeigo, Rosie 66, Lynne - ChristianLiving), 69 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.