Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
It's completely natural if you are. Check out the latest article for some step by step help on tackling clutter:

How To Declutter in 7 Simple Steps
Feeling overwhelmed by clutter? Ready to be organized? Help is here! Learn how easy it is to declutter and get organized. Follow the 7 simple steps and you can free yourself from clutter for good.

Do you have any tips you would like to share for dealing with clutter? Or maybe you have a special challenge. Don't be shy, this forum is all about helping you get and stay organized. It's a place to share knowledge, as much as a place to ask for guidance.

Kelly Jayne McCann
Organization Editor

Don't forget to sign up for the How To Organize Newsletter. It's filled with practical tips and links to great resources!

Learn about me - I teach people how to organize, clear clutter, set goals & get things done!
My mantra: Clear your clutter - Find your happy!
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
You have to declutter something every day. I'm always looking round my house asking if I still want to give things house room. If I don't, then out they go.

It's important to have a system. I always have a box in the garage waiting for the next thrift store pick up. As soon as it's gone, another box takes its place.

BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
You are right Tina. Decluttering is an ongoing task, not a one shot deal. I love that you always have a box ready to go off to the thrift store.

Personally, I am a huge fan of the one item in, one item out rule. I call it equalizing. If people only followed that one rule they would never risk being over run by clutter.

Kelly Jayne McCann
Organization Editor

Don't forget to sign up for the How To Organize Newsletter. It's filled with practical tips and links to great resources!

Learn about me - I teach people how to organize, clear clutter, set goals & get things done!
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
That's a great article! I enjoyed that a lot.

I am a strong proponent of the item-in, item-out rule. We try to follow that. Of course we just brought in two kayaks and appropriate gear so now we need to do some donating of other things smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
Hi Lisa. I'm glad you enjoyed the article. And I'm glad you are considering what to let go in light of the kayak acquisition.

People often forget that we only have 24 hours in a day. That means there is time for a limited number of activities. Keeping stuff around that we don't have time to use, even when we would potentially enjoy the accompanying activity, is not good stewardship. Far better to let an item go so others can benefit from its existence than let it sit unused.

Kelly Jayne McCann
Organization Editor

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I agree wholeheartedly! Items that I might "cling to" could be far better utilized if they were in a household where they were adored and used daily. I would be acting greedily by storing them on a dusty shelf where they weren't being used.

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
One of my favorite quotes sums up how we should deal with stuff we still like but don't have time to use. Here is it:

"Bottom line is, if you do not use it or need it, it's clutter, and it needs to go." Charisse Ward

Anyone else have a favorite clutter quote?

Kelly Jayne McCann
Organization Editor

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: KellyJayne - Organization
One of my favorite quotes sums up how we should deal with stuff we still like but don't have time to use. Here is it:

"Bottom line is, if you do not use it or need it, it's clutter, and it needs to go." Charisse Ward

Anyone else have a favorite clutter quote?

" If you cannot find it when you need it, you do not own it " -- Burt B.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa, at this point I am afraid to give stuff to the thrift stores. I have been closely involved now with four thrifties in my town, and they all throw away perfectly good stuff. It's a tad frightening. Now I can't bring anything in.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
It is definitely a shame that there are thrift stores which do not practice healthy stewardship of our land. It sounds like the libraries in Providence RI which threw away tons of books each week. They get into the habit and they don't even question it any more.

This could be a fun project. Have them set aside things they can't use. Then announce to your list where those items are. I bet they'll be taken and used.

Low Carb Forum
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  KellyJayne - Organization 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.