Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
bcdefg870695, madhvi, daves101, debbiebbb, Anne_0921
56593 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56594 Members
417 Forums
111508 Topics
786406 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Beetlemess 274
Nancy Roussy 173
Rosie 66 154
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 135
loongdragon 109
James Andrew 108
Lestie4containergardens 73
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 63
Jilly 57
Susan - Meditation Editor 53
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#724317 - 11/08/11 09:50 PM Where in the world are you?
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

There are currently 3959 subscribers to the Quilters Quarters Newsletter and I wonder where in the world they are. So here's you chance to tell us where you are, and what it's like in your town/city.

I'm from Brisbane Australia. Brisbane is in a sub-tropic climate where the winters are mild and the summers humid. Thank goodness for airconditioning!!

Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Where in the world are you? to Twitter Add Where in the world are you? to Facebook Add Where in the world are you? to MySpace Add Where in the world are you? to Del.icio.us Digg Where in the world are you? Add Where in the world are you? to Yahoo My Web Add Where in the world are you? to Google Bookmarks Add Where in the world are you? to Stumbleupon Add Where in the world are you? to Reddit
#724324 - 11/08/11 10:28 PM Re: Where in the world are you? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
lmm Offline

Loc: Childers, Qld, Australia
Hi Judie, I'm from Redridge, a farming community outside of Childers in Qld, about 300klms north of Brisbane, climate almost identical to Brisbane. I wish I had the air conditioning for summer, as that is usually when I seem to do most of my quilting because of the length of days. By 4.15 this morning it was light outside. Thanks for the Newsletters and all the wonderful links.

Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Twitter Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Facebook Add Re: Where in the world are you? to MySpace Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Where in the world are you? Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Reddit
#724326 - 11/08/11 10:48 PM Re: Where in the world are you? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
Judie Quilting Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Childers? That's only a hop skip and jump from me!! I love the Childers area, it has the monst wonderful scenery. Yes, we're getting lighter and lighter earlier and earlier too. Try to sleep in, but such a waste of sunlight! Lovely to hear from you Imm.
Cheerio for now

www.bellaonline.com/site/australia
www.bellaonline.com/site/quilting

Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Twitter Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Facebook Add Re: Where in the world are you? to MySpace Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Where in the world are you? Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Where in the world are you? to Reddit
#724329 - 11/08/11 11:03 PM Re: Where in the world are you? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
MElizabeth Offline

My name is Marcia. I live in Asheville, NC, USA, in the mountains in the western part of the state where we have 4 distinct seasons, which I enjoy. Temperatures can range from a low of around 0 F in the winter to a high of around 90 F in the summer. I enjoy the weekly content by Judie.

#724342 - 11/08/11 11:52 PM Re: Where in the world are you? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
rainy3 Offline

Hi there. I live in the small town of Squamish, located in coastal British Columbia, Canada. Our weather generally has 3 seasons, spring rain, summer mild, averaging 23-28ish Celsius, and fall/winter rain (and sometimes a foot and a half of snow which then turns to rain!) We have lots of grey days in our mountain valley, perfect weather for quilting! No local quilt shop in town so I do lots of internet browsing/purchasing. I look forward to your Wednesday "pop ins", and enjoy all the links. Thanks so much.

#724343 - 11/08/11 11:53 PM Re: Where in the world are you? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
Poranui Offline

My name is Sue and I live in a small village called Birdlings Flat on Banks Peninsula which is around 50kms from Christchurch New Zealand. Our weather here can be extreme due to living so close to the sea. Last week we had hail and thunder followed by a 26C day ,so you never know what is going to happen. Judie and I met on Norfolk Island when I attended one of her classes at the annual quilting week. I learned so much from that class and look forward each week to the weekly email.

#724391 - 11/09/11 03:12 AM Re: Where in the world are you? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
So. Belle Offline

My name is Anna Marie and I live in Springfield, LOUISIANA, in the land of CAJUN food and culture! It's a small town and we live right on the river, which is good, quiet, peaceful and relaxing...most of the year! Except when hurricanes and other storms cause the water in our back yard to RISE over our deck, into our yard and up to our back door. We've not had water actually come in our home since we've lived out here (but that's only been 4 yrs), but it sure does make one very NERVOUS to see that water rising and creeping up on your yard. It's very hot and humid most of the year, where we live. happy stitching, Anna Marie

#724392 - 11/09/11 03:12 AM Re: Where in the world are you? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
cr12cats Offline

Hi, My name is Ravonda right now I am living in Wichita Kansas USA. Most people think of the Wizard of OZ when they think of Kansas since that is where the story took place. and yes we do have tornadoes. We also have alot of history from old cowboy days like boot hill in Dodge and here in wichita we have cowtown which is set up like it was in the old western days. We also have a huge salt mine not far where the movies also store the outfits worn by batman and other characthers, also it is where they store alot of their films. it is 650 feet down so things are well perserved there. I am fairly new here so i am still learning what is still around here. Thanks for ypur newsletter i look forward to recieving it each week and enjoy it very much. Ravonda

#724403 - 11/09/11 03:27 AM Re: Where in the world are you? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
gran suey Offline

Hi, my name is Sue and I live in Kialla, Shepparton, Vic., Australia. I really love this site and look forward to all the projects we're tempted with and print them off thinking "I'll do that one ..... one day!" I feel as though I am sitting down with a girlfriend dreaming of all the things we will do and hearing all about what is going on around us at the same time, it's always coffee time on Wednesdays!

#724412 - 11/09/11 03:57 AM Re: Where in the world are you? [Re: Judie Quilting Editor]
GrannyH Offline
Zebra

Loc: West-Central Minnesota
Wow Judie, you have a lot of followers. That's really great. Welcome to those who are visiting and posting on the forum for the first time. cool

My name is Sonia although here at Bella I'm known as GrannyH. I live in a very small town in west central Minnesota. Everyone in MN talks about the weather so .... The highest temps we get are usually in July or August and are sometimes 110F or 43C. Our lowest temps are usually in January and run around _58 or _49C. In 2010 our state set the record as the state with the most tornadoes. We had 113 that year and 48 of them occurred on one day in June. The most snow we've ever had in one season was 170 inches or 432 cm. wink

I am a mother to 2 sons and a grandmother to 5 grandsons and 1 granddaughter. I am not a very devoted quilter, but I do love looking at designs and reading about other's projects. I always look forward to Judie's newsletter cause I love to hear what she is doing. She usually makes me feel guilty but if I just sit there a moment the feeling passes. smirk

My husband and I just moved this past weekend, so I'm sitting here in the middle of boxes that really need my attention. I've told myself I will start quilting again just as soon as I can find my machine.

Happy Quilting all. GrannyH

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Judie Quilting Editor 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Breaking Up by Ignoring Someone
by Anne_0921
Dating
Yesterday at 11:59 PM
Lisa's Daily 10pm EST / 8pm MST Meditation
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Meditation
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
Yesterday at 09:22 PM
Salad Time
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Low Carb
Yesterday at 09:12 PM
De-Tethering from the Internet
Low Carb
Yesterday at 08:50 PM
What Is The Wiccan Great Rite?
by Ro Longstreet-Wicca
Wicca
Yesterday at 07:41 PM
International Dark Sky Week - Save the Night!
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
Yesterday at 07:26 PM
The Gifts of ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 07:10 PM
Against Punishment for Kids with ADD
Attention Deficit Disorder
Yesterday at 06:49 PM
Walking Off Belly Fat
by CarlaCano-Walking Editor
Walking
Yesterday at 06:18 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
2 registered (Izeigo, Gregory - Hiking/BP Editor), 130 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.