Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
vebuskeder, Ladybugz, LLTC, ethniccode, Sony Raycom
57297 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57297 Members
417 Forums
113263 Topics
803530 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 594
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 369
Beetlemess 299
Jana - Creativity Editor 235
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 83
Nancy Roussy 59
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 53
Dorcie's 53
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Mona - Astronomy 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#707408 - 08/14/11 09:51 PM Do you have any green goals?
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
Anything you are working on in your life to make more green? Have you made any life changes (small or large) or do you need ideas on how to incorporate eco friendly actions into your other life goals?

Add Do you have any green goals? to Twitter Add Do you have any green goals? to Facebook Add Do you have any green goals? to MySpace Add Do you have any green goals? to Del.icio.us Digg Do you have any green goals? Add Do you have any green goals? to Yahoo My Web Add Do you have any green goals? to Google Bookmarks Add Do you have any green goals? to Stumbleupon Add Do you have any green goals? to Reddit
#709675 - 08/23/11 03:33 PM Re: Do you have any green goals? [Re: Jilly]
carolinaaram Offline
Amoeba

I follow basic rules to save some energy like switching off the all home appliance when it was not in use.I do not over use water.

Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Twitter Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Facebook Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to MySpace Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you have any green goals? Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Reddit
#710918 - 08/28/11 01:57 AM Re: Do you have any green goals? [Re: carolinaaram]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

carolinaaram, that's great that you do that! We often forget to switch off appliances when not in use, which creates a large energy drain.

One thing i find helpful for small appliances is to connect things to a power strip, and to just turn off the strip entirely when things like a toaster, coffeepot, microwave or whatever is not in active use.

Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Twitter Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Facebook Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to MySpace Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Do you have any green goals? Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Stumbleupon Add Re: Do you have any green goals? to Reddit
#710922 - 08/28/11 02:00 AM Re: Do you have any green goals? [Re: Jilly]
Maria - Prime Time TV Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Stockbridge, GA
I always use reusable cloth bags. I hang them on the doorknob to my garage. I used to forget them a lot and I would feel horrible.

#710929 - 08/28/11 02:10 AM Re: Do you have any green goals? [Re: Maria - Prime Time TV]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

That's a great idea, Maria - so they are always ready to go when you are on the way out. :-)

I have a bunch of totes I keep in my car, and one that lives all folded up and tiny in my purse. My CVS Green Bag tag lives on the handle of that one.

I do accept the plastic bags though, when I run out of them at home. they are perfect for cleaning out the litter box, and as small trash bags around the house.

I think i will work on an article for reusing plastic bags....hmmm

#719108 - 10/12/11 04:40 PM Re: Do you have any green goals? [Re: Jilly]
carolinaaram Offline
Amoeba

And now days new technologies are came to picture.. Just like when we get out from the home and close the doors then automatically lights and fans get switched off...

Edited by BellaOnline (11/05/11 04:15 AM)

#719349 - 10/14/11 04:55 AM Re: Do you have any green goals? [Re: Jilly]
jodiemt Offline
Gecko

Nice ideas..I will incorporate these.

#719353 - 10/14/11 05:45 AM Re: Do you have any green goals? [Re: Jilly]
AnneE Offline
Amoeba

Does keeping my house plants alive and well, count as a green goal?

#723578 - 11/05/11 04:16 AM Re: Do you have any green goals? [Re: Jilly]
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor

House plants create oxygen, so that is great!

You know, I don't think any of my goals are green-related. That's an interesting thought. We should all try to add one green related goal onto our goal lists!

Well, I do work to rid my house of books and magazines in a green way, which is in this realm. So I'll keep working on that.

#724007 - 11/07/11 05:30 AM Re: Do you have any green goals? [Re: Jilly]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

AnneE, house plants absolutely do their part to make your indoor air healthier to breathe. I've read that indoor air is pretty bad with carpet glue, monitor output, paint fumes, plastic outgassing and the use of cleaning chemicals all wafting around the air. Among other things. smile

One thing I try to do is air out my home for 20 minutes a day, even just by cracking a window in each area. And I did just pick up some houseplants at Walgreens (2 for $10) to help absorb toxins. I got a spider plant and a corn plant, since those each absorb different toxins.

So getting and caring for your houseplants is a good green goal.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  leahmullen 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
First Letter-Last Letter
by Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Attention Deficit Disorder
14 seconds ago
Name a Classic Toy Game
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Creativity
Today at 10:28 PM
I went NUTS last week!
by Allyson - USACook/HomeCook
Home Cooking
Today at 10:24 PM
Weekly Monday Weigh-In
by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
Low Carb
Today at 07:00 PM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
Today at 05:55 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Jana - Creativity Editor
Comedy Movies
Today at 05:39 PM
Music ABC game
Pop Music
Today at 05:36 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 05:36 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
Home Finance
Today at 05:10 PM
Craigslist Buying and Selling Tips
Home Finance
Today at 05:09 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (Connie - ADD/Sandwiches), 158 Guests and 1 Spider online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.