#723335 11/03/11 06:00 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Are things set in the stars or destined? How does free will affect astrology?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
A
Hello Lori, Good question. However, having done charts for 40 some years, I would answer with, NO! the stars do not predetermine our lives. They offer choices and best of all alert us to approaching crossroads in our lives that will demand a life changing decision. I believe that knowing about those crossroads ahead of time, can give you a 90% chance of the right decision for yourself. Forewarned is forearmed I believe. That is a priceless benefit of an individual birth chart reading, one not turned out by a computer. Getting back to choice, the universe is presenting choices to us daily, and we can make a lot of wrong choices, but if we learn to take the little choices seriously, when the big ones come along, and we have been alerted, we will have the confidence to make the right choice.

Parakeet
Parakeet
Astrology is fake. There is no truth in it.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Like genetics, the stars incline but do not dictate.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
A
A
Hi Lori, You have the right answer, and may I add, we all have the power to change our circumstances, just by keeping our thoughts on what we really want to come into out our lives. To get things to change quickly, we have to repeat our desire 20 to 30 times a day.and also to not change our wording once we have decided.

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Originally Posted By: Jim Colyer
Astrology is fake. There is no truth in it.

Hi Jim,

Everything is energy: take a look up into the sky.

The sun's energy controls the seasons.

The moon's energy influences the tides and during the times of a full moon, people react to this energy and strange things can happen. Fish jump more and farmers plant by the lunar cycles.

I worked in a hospital blood bank for many years and saw that more women give birth during the full moon as we had to do more blood typing of the newborns and people bled more.

The other planets too emit energies, perhaps more subtle, but they exist as you and I exist.

Wise is the person who is aware of these energies and to quote Ian,
like genetics, the stars incline but do not dictate.

You own the power.

Peace.

Anna - AHHA
G
Gecko
Gecko
G
i don t think aastrologyis fake either some of the stuff in my astral chart happenned,my problem is who put the time of my birth on paper,and was it the correct time,after that i can t trust it.
but astrology can be like a home.

Last edited by gemineye006; 01/16/12 05:02 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I feel quicky horoscopes you can look up in a Sun. paper or online are more entertaining or maybe general is a better word. You can find parts to be true somewhere throughout your day.

But I also feel deep down, way deep down, all the way back to our origins, Universally, all language to lie somewhere in the realms of vibration and mathmatics.

So in that sense, detailed astrological chart would have accute insight and chart influences that would go beyond generality.

Free-will? I had this disussion recently with a client. They said, readings are disapointing when they don't come to pass.

I said, "let me ask you something. When you get a reading what do you do?" They said, "Nothing. I wait for whatever they told me is going to happen, happen."

They believed in a reading that cards or a vision are what make things happen. That couldn't be further from the truth. What's going to happen is already in motion, the way things are. You can influence them with free will, by doing or not doing.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
G
Gecko
Gecko
G
true elleisse i agree with that statement the few readings had had thesameproblem the thing is that people have to let go of the reading,or sometimes they make a decision that makes thereading not happen but then doubt the reading and ask themselves it was false.i think to get areading you have be strong willed cause it can for example make you passive.it s a bit like going behind the scenes.
personnally none of the readings ihad ever happenned,just the ones inside me.
i think creative readings are the most interesting ones cause they are connected to your higher self.maybe the acceptance oftarot made it into lower sphere readings and it lost its higher purpose among the people.idon t really believe in the fact that it is more accepted in today s world,i think it has lost its true meaning though.

Last edited by gemineye006; 01/18/12 10:27 AM.
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Honestly, I wish there were another word for readings & psychic. I do my best with alternatives, like consultation and/or sensitive/intuitive, see-er.

My experience, the reading/consult doesn't come from me but something greater, through me.

We'll start a consult w/chit chat, nothing...weather, what we think of the enconomy, etc. and I just stop and the person sounds 1000 miles away, muffled and I start talking really fast. Then it goes away and the person across from me is just kind of staring with their jaw hanging open.

On a more serious note...I need to go back to "What do you see for the economy, gove. thread back in the clairvoyance forum."

I just recieved a note.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Donna_Astrology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
MyHeritage & OldNews
by Angie - 03/16/24 09:15 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/16/24 08:27 AM
Denmark's Oscar Entry "The Promised Land"
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/15/24 08:51 PM
Stunning jewelry by Devon Leigh
by sarae - 03/15/24 12:58 PM
From Candlemas to March Equinox
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:35 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/14/24 07:12 PM
A Lenten Reflection
by Angie - 03/13/24 09:24 PM
Stitching by Hand
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/13/24 04:21 PM
Lucy Lawless Directs New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 03/12/24 05:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/10/24 03:09 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.