Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
So, I clearly do not get out much. With the economy being what it is and having my hours at work recently cut (again), there's just not a lot of extra money to go forth into the world and explore. However, with reduced hours at work, I may now have some more weekends ay my disposal. Having lived in one place for a whole year and a half now (it'll be two in October!), I feel sorta silly that I haven't really explored my immediate surroundings a great deal. I live in Saline, just south of Ann Arbor, and I know there are tons and tons of smaller towns all around me that I could go take a look-see at for only the cost of gas to get there. So, does anyone have any recommendations? Any favorite spots or small, hidden jewels? I truthfully don't even know the back streets of Ann Arbor all that well yet, either, but I think it's time to get off my butt and see what's out there, even if I can't actively participate in a lot of it. I'm 32 and single and the world should be my oyster, but I feel like I've been shutting the door too much and staying in for fear of the unknown (mostly unknown cost). So I'm keen to hear your thoughts if you've got any ideas to share. Thank you! Cheers, Apple Blossom

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
D
Gee, Apple Blossom, I can't help you much with Ann Arbor, although I've driven through it a few times. smile

My best suggestion is to drive NORTH!! The scenery and number of lakes, rivers and "other little jewels" always seems to me to get more plentiful the farther north you go. I should know - I lived in the Upper Peninsula of MI for over 15 years. Yep, I am a transplanted "Yooper", dontchaknow. But no need to get carried away - you'll want to save the UP for at least a weekend trip. Maybe just head up to the Houghton Lake area? I hear that's real pretty.

Deb Frost
A
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
A
My dad used to live in St. Helen and then transplanted himself up to the Keewenaw once he retired from GM. I've only been up there a few times and I regret I can't go more often. It's just too long of a drive to cram into a weekend. Some friends and I did it once for a wedding and it was just ridiculous. But I daydream of getting my bike up there and just riding the roads for hours and hours. What are those berries that grow wild along the roads? I'm thinking I'll start with Chelsea. There are some late season pow wows in the area, too, so who knows? I do love going north! Even just the hour drive to my mom's house in Holly is a refresher; to get back out in the country and hear the birds before hearing traffic - that's where it's at.

S
S
Oh! you riddle the everyone's problem to finding it.Now anybody can take this advantage without wondering here and there for it.

E
E
Just came back from Austria Zugspitze Arena where I have spent some time enjoying the nature. There are some amazing lakes surrounded by mountains. Its a great location for little adventure. Here is a short video from there. [url=http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aChWycLCdho&hd=1]Austria - Zugspitze Arena [/url]

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.