Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Cupping4Health, Camilahart12, cindimac, Tina Tourist, Indian55
57026 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57026 Members
417 Forums
112592 Topics
796174 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 838
Beetlemess 635
Karm - SW USA Editor 361
Nancy Roussy 179
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 136
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 119
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 118
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 118
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 102
Kelly Tager 74
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#721683 - 10/26/11 02:15 PM More Breast Cancer Information
AprilAlisaMarquette Offline
Shark

Loc: The South
I hope you are inspired by my article Become a Breast Cancer Warrior

Were you aware that October is Breast Cancer Awareness month? It is the annual time slated to increase awareness about this disease.

At the National Breast Cancer Foundation learn a host of things, including how to do a self-breast exam.

Did you know that Susan G. Komen fought breast cancer with everything she had? Throughout her endless days in the hospital, instead of worrying about herself, she thought of ways to make life better for other women battling breast cancer... Thus, her sister promised her that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever.

That promise is now Susan G. Komen for the Cure�, the global leader of the breast cancer movement. They diligently work to save lives while energizing science to find cures.

Just put the words �Susan G. Komen for the Cure� into your browser and enter a world where YOU can get involved, donate, participate and become empowered in the battle against breast cancer.

Visit AprilAlisaMarquette.com for books you can't help but get into.
This holiday Give the gift of reading!

Add More Breast Cancer Information to Twitter Add More Breast Cancer Information to Facebook Add More Breast Cancer Information to MySpace Add More Breast Cancer Information to Del.icio.us Digg More Breast Cancer Information Add More Breast Cancer Information to Yahoo My Web Add More Breast Cancer Information to Google Bookmarks Add More Breast Cancer Information to Stumbleupon Add More Breast Cancer Information to Reddit
#724221 - 11/08/11 01:14 PM Re: More Breast Cancer Information [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Tuculia, Daughters Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Michigan, Southfield
Hey April,

I am a supporter and very involved in the cause for my sister and myself. This is a cause that allowed me to get in initially just to be supportive for others that couldn't participated but wished they could - and then it got more involved for me through my sister and then myself. Thanks for sharing!

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�

Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Twitter Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Facebook Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to MySpace Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Del.icio.us Digg Re: More Breast Cancer Information Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Yahoo My Web Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Google Bookmarks Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Stumbleupon Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Reddit
#724733 - 11/10/11 02:06 PM Re: More Breast Cancer Information [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Shark

Hi Tuculia,

I knew there was a reason I liked you. You prove to us all the time that you are truly a caring woman. I got involved because of an aunt -- a survivor; Hey Aunt Kitty! I also got involved because of a cousin who is no longer with us. It really is a great cause, isn't it?

Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Twitter Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Facebook Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to MySpace Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Del.icio.us Digg Re: More Breast Cancer Information Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Yahoo My Web Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Google Bookmarks Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Stumbleupon Add Re: More Breast Cancer Information to Reddit
#731373 - 12/16/11 02:57 AM Re: More Breast Cancer Information [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
kooperkin21 Offline

hi april, me too I am a supporter and very involved in the cause for my aunt she passed away last week because of breast cancer. very painful and sad to accept. for all ladies out there please be aware of this nything that increases a person's chance of developing a disease is called a risk factor; anything that decreases a person's chance of developing a disease is called a protective factor. Some of the risk factors for cancer can be avoided, but many cannot. For example, although you can choose to quit smoking, you cannot choose which genes you have inherited from your parents. Both smoking and inheriting specific genes could be considered risk factors for certain kinds of cancer, but only smoking can be avoided. Prevention means avoiding the risk factors and increasing the protective factors that can be controlled so that the chance of developing cancer decreases.

#731471 - 12/16/11 02:55 PM Re: More Breast Cancer Information [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Shark

Hi Kooperkin21,

Thank you for sharing. I am sorry about your aunt. Losing loved ones is inexplicably painful as you said. I commend you though for your remarks, especially the one where you said people cannot choose the genes they inherit. I like that you also advise people to increase the factors that may aid them to decrease the chance of developing cancer. Great post!

#760420 - 05/02/12 02:30 PM Re: More Breast Cancer Information [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Shark

Do enjoy the article entitled
Brides Fighting Breast Cancer

To donate a wedding gown or host a Pink Envelope� event, please visit the Brides Against Breast Cancer website.

#762458 - 05/13/12 04:19 PM Re: More Breast Cancer Information [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Tuculia, Daughters Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Michigan, Southfield
Happy Mother's Day!

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�

#762780 - 05/15/12 12:46 PM Re: More Breast Cancer Information [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Shark

Hi Tuculia,

I hope you had a lovely Mother's Day! If anyone derserves it, you do.

Moderator:  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Posture matters
by Cupping4Health
Alternative Medicine
Short Summer Reads 2014
by RoseEnglish
Short Stories
02:20 AM
Subscribe to the Indian Food Newsletter!
by RoseEnglish
Indian Food
02:08 AM
What is your stress level today?
by Nancy Roussy
Stress Management
12:21 AM
Stay in Shape with Top 5 Pilates Poses
by Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor
Exercise
11:02 PM
Favorite French Cities
by kangtuo
French Culture
10:50 PM
Hawaii
by kangtuo
Hawaii
10:47 PM
Happy Birthday to actress Jennifer Ehle
by kangtuo
Romance Movies
10:42 PM
Java Problem Please Help Me
by Nancy Roussy
JavaScript/Java
10:37 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 129 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.