Next Thread
Print Thread
J
Joan541 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
J
I've been researching natural remedies for bone spurs and wondered if anyone here knew of some that worked for them? I have a painful bone spur on my foot and don't want to have surgery on it if I can avoid it.

I'm trying linseed oil right now and have been doing it for a few days so don't know yet if it's working.

Thanks!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
To relieve pain, use hot linseed oil packs. Place linseed oil in a pan and heat but do not boil it. Dip a piece of cheesecloth or other white cotton material into the oil until the cloth is saturated. Apply the cloth to the affected area and cover it with a piece of plastic that is larger in size than the cotton cloth. Place a heating pad over the plastic and use it to keep the pack warm. Keep the pack in place for 1-1/2 to 2 hours, as needed.

E
Amoeba
Amoeba
E
One of the best things that you can do to help with the inflammation of bone spurs is to apply ice packs to that area of your body a few times a day. Other home remedies for bone spurs include the use of things like flaxseed. Although taking a lot of flaxseed will not heel bone spurs, it can help in reducing the pain of your bone spurs and also help with the inflammation. Bone spur home remedies normally call for the use of cheese cloth as well. All you have to do is take a cheese cloth and dip it into some warm linseed oil. Then just apply this cheese cloth to the affected area for about two hours. It also helps if you put a piece of plastic over the top, and put a heating pad on it as well.

J
Joan541 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
J
Thanks for the ideas! I am trying the flaxseed oil and also got some oils from Young Living, which a friend of mine sells. I read a review online about using two different oils to get rid of bone spurs.

The idea of using heat sounds good!

T
T
Can you have a bone spur in your wrist?? I have a really painful hard lump in my wrist, and have no idea what it is. Someone suggested that perhaps it is a bone spur, but honestly I have no idea what it is.

B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
YOu probably have a ganglion on your wrist, which is cyst. My daughter had one and had it removed with surgery.

You can indeed get bone spurs anyplace in your body though. They are calcium deposits and can block arteries, get into your brain, etc. The key is good diet and proper calcium absorption so you don't get them in the first place.

I'm still suffering from one in my foot. I've tried all sorts of natural remedies and don't want to take arthritis medication, which is what the doctor prescribes first.

J
Joan541 Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
J
I tried various remedies for bone spurs and none helped. I found out yesterday though that I have a Morton's neuroma and not a bone spur at all. I'd taken the xray diagnosis as fact and it said a bone spur but yesterday I went to a podiatrist. she took one look at my foot and said it was probably a neuroma because of the location and the way it was acting.

Three cortisone shots and it should be gone forever! I'm all for natural remedies but didn't find anything better than cortisone for a neuroma so I went with that. The neuroma was causing pain when I did yoga and walking so it was inhibiting my exercising.

[quote=HealthyMom62]I tried various remedies for bone spurs and none helped. I found out yesterday though that I have a Morton's neuroma and not a bone spur at all. I'd taken the xray diagnosis as fact and it said a bone spur but yesterday I went to a podiatrist. she took one look at my foot and said it was probably a neuroma because of the location and the way it was acting. Three cortisone shots and it should be gone forever! I'm all for natural remedies but didn't find anything better than cortisone for a neuroma so I went with that. The neuroma was causing pain when I did yoga and walking so it was inhibiting my exercising. [/quote] I'm glad that you have found your cure.......... But remember that cortisone shots should be used sparingly (in the UK they recommend having no more than three shots) as in can have a detrimental effect on bone density and may lead to osteoporosis.

Moderated by  AltmedVictoria 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.