Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
ranimm21, Norma Jo Doll, sankari, fashionvogues01, Deborah Carroll
57141 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57141 Members
417 Forums
112862 Topics
798901 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 760
Beetlemess 535
Nancy Roussy 236
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 108
Mystic - Romance Movies 96
Dianne W - Editor 73
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 70
Tracy - Philosophy 69
Karm - SW USA Editor 62
Ad Income Supports Charity
Topic Options
#721282 - 10/24/11 08:09 PM What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized?
KellyJayne - Organization Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Let's share our biggest organizing challenges. I would truly welcome your thoughts about this. I would love to hear what types of things prevent you from getting and/or staying organized. It would great if you could be specific about why it's a challenge.

My plan is to create some content addressing these challenges. So tell me what your needs are and I will work on sharing some possible solutions.

Don't forget to sign up for the How To Organize Newsletter. It's filled with practical tips and links to great resources!

Learn about me - I teach people how to organize, clear clutter, set goals & get things done!
My mantra: Clear your clutter - Find your happy!

Add What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Twitter Add What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Facebook Add What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to MySpace Add What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Del.icio.us Digg What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? Add What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Yahoo My Web Add What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Google Bookmarks Add What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Stumbleupon Add What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Reddit
#722493 - 10/30/11 04:55 PM Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? [Re: KellyJayne - Organization]
ky in sc Offline

Biggest problem in organizing is paper clutter. I try to keep up with it, but there is just so much paper that comes into my house. I pitch a lot of it as I open the mail, but there is always material you have to keep for a while - bills, insurance papers, etc. I try to file, but end up with piles of paper that I just can't seem to find time to deal with. I have tried various systems, but no one system has ever really solved the problem. Anyone who has a good filing and organizing system in place, let me know.

Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Twitter Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Facebook Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to MySpace Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Reddit
#722500 - 10/30/11 05:49 PM Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? [Re: KellyJayne - Organization]
Lori CreateYourCalm Offline

My biggest hurdle in getting organized was simply getting started. Now that I have overcome this problem - I don't have many other issues. My best tip for dealing with paper clutter is to open the mail in the study where I have a shredder and scanner ready to go. After ensuring you have an appropriate digital file backup process to secure your documents (this is key) simply scan what you need to save, shred what you have scanned, shred what you need to destroy for identity protection, and trash everything else. I process the mail once per week - any less often it piles up - any more often I resent having an additional daily chore. Paper is no longer a problem in my house.

Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Twitter Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Facebook Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to MySpace Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? to Reddit
#722522 - 10/30/11 08:07 PM Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? [Re: KellyJayne - Organization]
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: Kansas USA
That is too amazing Lori!

My biggest hurdle is maintaining enough focus for organizing.
Avatar: There is Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

Here is a link to my EBook.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

#722775 - 11/01/11 03:24 PM Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? [Re: KellyJayne - Organization]
conniem Offline
Koala

Loc: oklahoma
I think getting organized is the hardest part! Then you need to develop new habits to keep things that way!

#722791 - 11/01/11 05:27 PM Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? [Re: Lori CreateYourCalm]
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Congratulations Lori! Getting started is the biggest block.

I love that you found a solution to an issue, implemented it and kept at it until it became a supportive habit.

Do you have tips on how you got over the getting started hurdle? Real life experiences are powerful teaching aids. I am sure other readers would love to hear what you have to say.

Don't forget to sign up for the How To Organize Newsletter. It's filled with practical tips and links to great resources!

Learn about me - I teach people how to organize, clear clutter, set goals & get things done!

#722815 - 11/01/11 06:00 PM Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? [Re: conniem]
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba

Connie, you are absolutely right about needing to develop supportive habits.

Creating new ones takes effort. You might even be doing the two steps forward, one step back dance for a bit. What's important is that you are still making progress towards positive and lasting change.

It's helpful to keep in mind all the effort you are putting in will pay off in the long run and in a very big way. Eventually the new habits will feel less like work and more like second nature.

Here's a hint: It's easier to create new habits when you are properly motivated. You can learn about creating a motivational vision statement here: Create a Vision for Success

A vision will help you clarify why you are doing what you are doing. Holding on to that mind picture will make slogging through the habit change process far more enjoyable.

#722817 - 11/01/11 07:06 PM Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? [Re: KellyJayne - Organization]
Sadhana ~ Indian Food Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: USA
I'm a bit of a neat freak myself, my biggest issue is time -- or rather lack of it! I try to spend 15-20 minutes a day organizing, because I just dont have the time to spend hours doing it.

So it's a slow ongoing process, but I try to stay on top otherwise it can easily bury you.

BellaOnline Training Manager, BellaOnline Forum Admin, BellaOnine FB Admin :-)

Indian Food Website

Dont forget to sign up for the Indian Food Newsletter!

#722833 - 11/01/11 09:45 PM Re: What's your biggest hurdle to getting organized? [Re: KellyJayne - Organization]
Vi - Blogs/Small Office Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Pennsylvania
Kids, and my husband would say the same. Whenever we want to accomplish an project that involves organizing - cleaning a closet, a drawer, or whatever - the kids and the cats are snooping around. Watcha doing, what's in that box...

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly

Moderator:  KellyJayne - Organization 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What did you dream about last night?
by Nancy Roussy
Dreams
48 minutes 42 seconds ago
Judge Judy
by Nancy Roussy
Daytime TV
52 minutes 9 seconds ago
Is Romance a Distraction in Action?
by Edie - MysteryBooksEd
Action Movies
Today at 07:28 PM
Miss Julia to the Rescue - Book Review
by Edie - MysteryBooksEd
Mystery Books
Today at 07:22 PM
Flying Alone with a Baby
by Tiffiny - Family Travel
Family Travel
Today at 07:21 PM
Divergent Movie Review
by Dianne W - Editor
Action Movies
Today at 06:48 PM
Hawthorne RN
by Dianne W - Editor
Prime Time TV
Today at 06:34 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:49 PM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:46 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 04:23 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 119 Guests and 5 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.