Next Thread
Print Thread
C
Cindy Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
Our local food pantry ( Town Of Belmont, Owls head NY 12969), has not seen a shipment since June 2011. There are 45 Households signed up, mostly Low income seniors. I have sent emails, phoned local officials,only to get the basic "Thank you" form letter as an answer. Food prices up here are horrendous. I guess needy seniors are last place on the Obama Administration's list- all they care about is their donors.

Cindy L Merrill
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Unfortunately,
This is a common occurrence. I know my local food pantry has had to get creative in their fundraising efforts to keep their shelves stocked. In the end, its the community that pays the cost.

Kristal Johnson
Charity Editor

Charity Site
Charity Newsletter
Charity Forum

everyone can make an impact.....

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I'm glad people are finally just starting to see it and talk about it.

It feels so strongly to me, like the average mind-set is, put Democrat in front of it, spark a few minority causes, get their votes set up and people fall belly up with giddiness.

If you look into their supporters, ALL of Hollywood, foriegn countries, etc. together, they've got the money to get the U.S. out of debt, 10 x's over. Not really happening and I'm hearing this all over, not just my network of friends which are both dem and rep.

I dont believe just puting a rep. in there is the answer either. I'm not a solid fan of either. But a well thought out Dem/Rep or Rep/Dem, would be nice, but like you've mentioned, it seems to be more about donors $ and how they get to live out their days than anything else.

We do so much charity work here at Bella for other countries, it would be really nice to do something here in the U.S. for causes, like you mention.

I know what it's like, to have limited resources, no car, no shelter, no food and people feel bad, but that's about as far as it goes.

I was going to suggest Angelfood Ministries but according to them, they can't afford the transportation and food costs, which you have to pay for to get it and sold the business/charity.

I'm thinking hook up with WM with those payments and make people's boxes accordingly, not pre-made/cooked. Like all those coupon-people that get things for free...they've made great blogs, so why not go that extra mile for other households. I'm really thinking about this.

I'll keep an eye out. I wonder what it would take for you to accept something that a person/people put together and mail out? Independantly of course. I can't speak for anyone else and crazy ideas I get, lol. But myself if I can do it. I think I'd really enjoy doing it smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
C
Cindy Offline OP
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
C
Any help for our community ( Owls Head NY) would be deeply appreciated. Our food pantry is open only once a month; the loss of the US Gov. Surplus food shipments hurts.

Cindy L Merrill

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.