Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I agree that it's a matter of keeping one's inner and outer equaniminity. I have been working on the extreme couponing thing lately and it could be soooo easy to get frustrated and snarky with some of the cashiers. But it's just a matter of keeping one's inner cool, being friendly and understanding, and having no charge behind such scary words as, "can we talk to your manager?"

I am very proud that I have been able to do this - be nice and accomodating yet firm. It's a matter of being committed to interacting that way - i think being grumpy just comes too readily when one feels resistance. smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That is a fantastic example Jill - you hit an issue and you speak up, and you do it in a way that's gentle and understanding!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Hi all, since this article resonated with a lot of people, this week I did an article on Buddhaghosa's three personality types, which correspond to the three 'shadows' or 'poisons' of greed, anger and ignorance. He wrote in the 5th century, and recommended specific meditation techniques for each type of person...very interesting...

Lisa Erickson, Buddhism Editor
Buddhism Site
Teaching and Private Session Website: Enlightened Energetics
Blog: Mommy Mystic
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Lisa, what a great article!!! I can see that I am the greed/faith type! I was just envying a friend's iPad recently. And then feeling very disappointed that it's not in my budget, and probably won't be for a very long time. So I focused on what I do have, and things I am grateful for. For one, at least I have a computer!!!

But I like that idea of meditating on impermanence. That seems to be a big one for me!! I do get caught up in needing things to make me feel better. Sometimes life is just so stressful, that a new book or purse solves ALL my problems (at least for a little while LOL).

At least I know this about myself now, but I still have difficulty with helping to ease that feeling without making a purchase.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa- that is a great article- thank you for posting that!

Deanna - do you have any substitutes that are not purchase oriented? Like a hot bath or favorite movie?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Glad you liked it Deanna. I love this approach because it emphasizes that different spiritual practices resonate with each of us - that's a very individual process. For a long time, working with anger was my biggest issue, although anyone who knew me casually would probably never have seen this, it was deep-seated. So the teachings on handling that really resonated with me. Now things have shifted, and I'm working on other fronts. I think greed is a tough one for all of us, especially in this consumeristic culture...

Buddhism Site
O
Shark
Shark
O
I want to thank you all for validating my own beliefs regarding anger. In short, I have buried my anger for over 60 years, and after recent explosive events in my life this year, I have finally released it. Not all, but it's no longer being buried and denied. I have been exploding over the smallest things, but only verbally in my home, and not to hurt anyone. It's finally coming out - getting rid of the poison! All the years that I buried my anger and hurt, and 'turned the other cheek' and lived in emotional denial (always being nice!) I caused this negative energy to bring illness and disease to my body and torment to my mind. I've had psychiatrists telling me how unhealthy it is to bury anger and not let it out in some safe way, but I was so conditioned to hide my feelings that I found this impossible - until this year, when my world fell apart in a different way. It was like a volcano erupting. I can testify that denying anger can really make your body very sick - and your mind and emotions too. Peace!

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I absolutely agree!

You can be the most peaceful, nice, polite individual out there, but if it isn't genuine and truthfully, it's kind of hard to feel perfect 100% of the time to be accomodating to everything, it takes a toll.

It can come up, just like that saying "dis-ease." I know it probably sounds like such a cliche, but I've witnessed and experience the effects of emotional "poison."

Once you're free, it shows on the inside and the out, making you even look quite younger than you really are smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
O
Shark
Shark
O
Thanks Elleise. I must go and look at your Clairvoyance forum. it sounds interesting. Best wishes.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Onealone - thanks so much for sharing, and good luck with your process. I so agree with Elleise that this shift in approach can really change everything for the better, on the level of mind, body and spirit.

Buddhism Site
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.