logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
M
M
Hi newbie, Just wanted to know if anyone could recommend some good belly dancing dvd for home use. I'm new to belly dancing and have seen a few dvd's in the stores but don't know what I should get to get started. Thanks Barbara

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
K
Please try it. I always wanted to take Belly dance but was too embarrassed to try. We moved to a new city and I thought I would give it a go since I didnt know anyone. 4 years later and 40 pounds lighter I teach 3 classes a night. I am 5'10" and I am still obese according to the Air Force chart I have lived with all my life, but I feel sexy, I have made GREAT friends and I LOVE to see peoples faces when I tell them!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
I recently took a bellydancing class at LA Fitness. I really enjoyed it. I do have to say that I felt like I burned a lot more calories when I did other classes like Cardio Jam or Zumba though.

It was still really fun and I would do it again.

Elephant
Elephant
Bellydance won't burn a ton of calories but it will improve mobility which contributes to fatloss : ) I do it from time to time at home.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

S
S
I think yes belly dance is very good exercise for your stomach, not only stomach from this you will get perfect shap of body and flexibility. [url=http://www.placementhotline.com]Assisted Living[/url]

Last edited by simon rexin; 08/31/11 07:01 AM.
Amoeba
Amoeba
I recently got to watch two professional belly dancers at a resturant and all I could think of was how seductive, graceful and movement were hypnotic. I would like to take this up but fear I have not rythmn or control what so ever lol.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
You can always learn. One of the best systems - and one compatible with bellydancing- was developed by a physical culturalist in the beginning of the last century. Here's the link. Don't worry that the technique is being demonstrated by a male it works just as well for women

Maxalding

and scroll down to exercise 7

Last edited by Ninjahedgewych; 11/01/11 04:36 AM.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
As far as finding a belly dancing DVD, why don't you go onto youtube and see some dancers. Then, if you find one that you like, see if they have a DVD.

Another suggestion is to look on Amazon. Read the reviews of the different DVDs.

You might also see if your local library has belly dancing DVDs. If not, maybe they could do inter-library loan for one that you saw on Amazon or youtube.

Hope this helps.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Yes belly dance can flatten stomach because the dancer using stomach more often to do the dancing. The dance is really great and interesting. You will be amaze when looking at the beautiful dancer. It's also a good exercise to lose your weight. So you don't need to have pills, medication, or even hard exercise to lose weight. Just do belly dance at home routinely to get the shape you want. Good Luck!

S
S
I love belly dancing. For me its a good exercise. It makes my body sexy.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  rhani 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.