D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Hi,
I would love to see an article on taking care of Ethnic hair when you exercise. I won't share the gory details as I sit here from an intense work out. cry
But I'm curious as to some tips one what to do between shampoos to take care of the hair when you work out.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I usually put my hair up away from my face and neck. I make sure I don't cover my hair with anything(scarf, head band, because that causes my hair to sweat. I see that some ladies wrap their hair to work out, but this will only frizz up the ends when the sweat gets to it.

*Transitions*
D
D
Does anyone have any suggestions for thick afr-am hair, I would like to eliminate my perm and go natural but it is too hard to manage without the chemicals? Plus, when I excercise I really look like a poodle afterwards.

Elephant
Elephant
try hot combs and humidity defying/controlling products. I have a few clients that went chemical straightening free. They come in a couple times a month to get a wash, blow out, and flat ironing from me. They usually have a hot comb at him they use ofr the naps (as I work in a majority white spa, don't have access to some tools).

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Okay....Exactly what kinds of problems are you having? You sweat a lot when you exercise I know, but do you exercise inside or out?

Can you rinse your hair after working out? I know that's what I did when I worked out. I always kept a bottle of Pantene daily leave in spray conditioner. It works great for light conditioning without weighing your hair down.

Keep it tied back or braided whatever the case maybe. Don't leave it out so it can get more tangeled. It will also become dry and brittle when exposed to the elements like that. Spend time preparing your hair for your work out if your hair is that unruly. Also understand when you work out it is a plus for your hair.

What kind of hair do you have dry, tightly coiled, curly?

I will look into that Dianne. It's a very good question plus I would love to see what they have on the market today for "exercised hair".

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G

Ms.D,
Thank you for posting. I am glad you stopped by. Yes keeping your hair back is a good idea when working out.

Some times women tie their hair because by exercising it releases the natural oils in the hair to condition it naturally. It's like being in a sauna. Also headbands etc worn during exercising usually is meant to keep the sweat out of the eyes so they can exercise with out the burning sweat running down their faces.

I know for me I don't like the sweat and actually I keep my hair tied up all the time. It keeps the moisture in and my hair is softer and grows better. I don't get a lot of slpit ends this way either. I only take it out for special occassions. I know everyone can't do this but it's what I choose to do.

When I do take my hair out I am careful to make sure it's conditioned good to deal with the elements. Keeping your hair tied up also minimizes the dust and dirt from sticking to your hair and causing it to get dirty faster.

As Dianne has mentioned hair care and exercise was never something to be thought about. But I will consult with the experts to find about hair care and workouts.

G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Hello DKnows,

Welcome and thanks for posting your quetion here.

Jase response is a good one but I would recommend using Luster's Pink. I these products for hair with chemicals and with out. It is especially for Afro-Am hair. It softens the hair and it's more manageable. The entire line has several different products to style condition heat protection etc. Also their products if not mistaking has sunscreen for the hair.

Lusters Pink Oil Moisturizer Hair Lotion, 12 oz

Hope this helps. Good luck.

They even have products for thick coarse hair. Check it out.

L
L
A good old fashioned do-rag always helps. Is breakage and brittleness of the hair a problem related to this? In addition to shampooing you should probably use a strengthening conditioner. Modern day life is very very hard on african hair. I use Urielpure's Strengthening Conditioner ( www.urielpure.com ) Between the do-rag and the conditioner that helps me. I hope this helps you too. Cheers, Lara

Shark
Shark
Hi Lara,

Thanks for stopping by and for your comments.

You're right about the strengthening conditioner. Thanks for the tip!

Shark
Shark
Do enjoy the article entitled Walk to Get Fit

We'd love to hear other exercises that can help us to slim down or tone.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.