Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Ruth Sattler RN, freespirit86, Desertdiva11, marisara, Jacque Miller
56979 Registered Users
Forum Stats
56980 Members
417 Forums
112487 Topics
794950 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 867
Beetlemess 747
Karm - SW USA Editor 312
Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk 210
Nancy Roussy 184
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 155
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 125
Allyson - USACook/HomeCook 120
Linu 114
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 91
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#708118 - 08/17/11 03:23 PM Dandruff Relief
AprilAlisaMarquette Offline
Shark

Loc: The South
Enjoy the article entiled: Fighting Dandruff .

If you or someone you know has dandruff, some readily available shampoos to try are:

- Head & Shoulders
- Neutrogena T Gel
- Pantene Relaxed & Natural Anti-Dandruff
- Nizoral� AD

Did you know that there are dandruff shampoos for color-treated hair?

Garnier makes a line of at least six dandruff-fighting shampoos!

I happen to like the following:

The Doo Grow� Line of products

Tingling Gro Shampoo works great on hair textures similar to mine. It helps relieve itching and controls flaking.

They even offer an Anti Itch Growth Oil that contains tea tree oil & shea butter.

They make a Hair Vitalizer that is also nice and offers relief from dry itchy scalp.
Visit their website to request a free sample of their featured product(s).

I also happen to like:

Top Brass by Revlon

Look for the ZP-11 Anti Dandruff Hairgroom which has a nice smell, is a cream, relieves itching and flakes, and will not weigh the hair down.

Edited by AprilAlisaMarquette (08/17/11 03:30 PM)

Visit AprilAlisaMarquette.com for books you can't help but get into.
This holiday Give the gift of reading!

Add Dandruff Relief to Twitter Add Dandruff Relief to Facebook Add Dandruff Relief to MySpace Add Dandruff Relief to Del.icio.us Digg Dandruff Relief Add Dandruff Relief to Yahoo My Web Add Dandruff Relief to Google Bookmarks Add Dandruff Relief to Stumbleupon Add Dandruff Relief to Reddit
#708624 - 08/19/11 12:49 AM Re: Dandruff Relief [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
musuoka Offline

<a href=BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

Edited by musuoka (08/19/11 12:49 AM)

Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Twitter Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Facebook Add Re: Dandruff Relief to MySpace Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Dandruff Relief Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Stumbleupon Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Reddit
#708658 - 08/19/11 04:50 AM Re: Dandruff Relief [Re: musuoka]
jodiemt Offline
Gecko

I've tried using Head & Shoulders, but it doesn't solve my problem.

Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Twitter Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Facebook Add Re: Dandruff Relief to MySpace Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Dandruff Relief Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Stumbleupon Add Re: Dandruff Relief to Reddit
#708674 - 08/19/11 11:18 AM Re: Dandruff Relief [Re: jodiemt]
Shark

Hi Jodiemt,

I'm sorry to hear that. Sometimes we wind up trying a few things before we find the one that works for us.

Don't give up!

#709015 - 08/20/11 11:58 AM Re: Dandruff Relief [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Tuculia, Daughters Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Michigan, Southfield
Hey April,

Great tips on fighting dandruff! Do you use the same tips for dry scalp but with more of a moisturizer?

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�

#709050 - 08/20/11 04:21 PM Re: Dandruff Relief [Re: Tuculia, Daughters Editor]
Shark

Hi Tuculia,

Yes, the Doo Grow line fights itchy dry scalp, especially in the winter. I've found that for African-American hair types it works well. When I need to oil my scalp I use one of their offerings--they've got several.

The Top Brass from Revlon is more of a cream so it is lighter, it stops itching and it won't weigh hair down.

Both will have to be reapplied as many times as needed to stop that dastardly itching that can drive a sista crazy! smile Once it stops, you're good to go until the next time that season rolls around.

#709232 - 08/21/11 01:46 PM Re: Dandruff Relief [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Tuculia, Daughters Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Michigan, Southfield
Thanks for the tips. I don't oil my scalp so I depend on good moisturizers which during some seasons can drive you crazy if you don't have the right one. Thanks again!

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�

#709330 - 08/22/11 12:01 AM Re: Dandruff Relief [Re: Tuculia, Daughters Editor]
Maria - Prime Time TV Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Stockbridge, GA
Neutrogena T-Gel is awesome. That's the only shampoo that I use on my scalp. I used to have a dandruff problem but Head and Shoulders did nothing. Once I put Sisterlocs in my hair, it was even more apparent. My hairdresser suggested T-Gel and I've been using it every since. I LOVE the smell and the results. I have to admit, it is a little pricey but I think it's well worth it.

#709425 - 08/22/11 02:36 PM Re: Dandruff Relief [Re: Maria - Prime Time TV]
Shark

Hi Maria,

It's nice to see you. I must pop over to the Freebies site, see what good stuff you have for us smile

So you like the T-Gel... that is good to know. You're right too about some of the shampoos and treatments being pricier than others, but if they work, it's all good, right? Hopefully many of our readers will wind up with the same results.

Tuculia,

you, my friend are so welcome.

#709822 - 08/24/11 03:17 AM Re: Dandruff Relief [Re: AprilAlisaMarquette]
Maria - Prime Time TV Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Loc: Stockbridge, GA
I am one of the cheapest people that I know but I believe in paying for quality when necessary. My scalp and hair care is necessary. I think it looks so yucky when I'm talking to someone and they have dandruff all in their hair and scalp.

It may take trial and error but if you find something that works...stick with it!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Organizing jewelry making tips that work for you.
by Susan - Jewelry Making
Jewelry Making
23 minutes 33 seconds ago
New Reviews of Male-Female Romance Novels
by Val FictionWrit/RomanceBk
Romance Novels
57 minutes 48 seconds ago
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 06:17 PM
Name some Angels & Their Meaning
by Rosie 66
Bible Basics
Today at 06:13 PM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 06:10 PM
Visit Paris Landmarks with Young Children
by Tiffiny - Family Travel
Family Travel
Today at 05:42 PM
All Things Southwestern USA Forum Word Game!
by Beetlemess
Southwest USA
Today at 05:24 PM
New Game - Collectibles!
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Coin Collecting
Today at 04:04 PM
New Game - Hobbies!
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Candlemaking
Today at 04:03 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Karm - SW USA Editor
Home Finance
Today at 03:59 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
1 registered (1 invisible), 152 Guests and 2 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.