Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Norma Jo Doll, sankari, fashionvogues01, Deborah Carroll, LisaSh123
57141 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57142 Members
417 Forums
112868 Topics
798985 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
Rosie 66 750
Beetlemess 544
Nancy Roussy 238
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 124
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 108
Mystic - Romance Movies 99
Dianne W - Editor 68
Tracy - Philosophy 67
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 65
Karm - SW USA Editor 62
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#708007 - 08/17/11 03:43 AM Google+ and Genealogy
GtownmaGenealogy Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Germantown, TN
Are you using Google+. Take my poll...
Google+ & Genealogy
Multiple choices allowed

Votes accepted starting: 08/17/11 03:43 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor

Add Google+ and Genealogy to Twitter Add Google+ and Genealogy to Facebook Add Google+ and Genealogy to MySpace Add Google+ and Genealogy to Del.icio.us Digg Google+ and Genealogy Add Google+ and Genealogy to Yahoo My Web Add Google+ and Genealogy to Google Bookmarks Add Google+ and Genealogy to Stumbleupon Add Google+ and Genealogy to Reddit
#708039 - 08/17/11 12:52 PM Re: Google+ and Genealogy [Re: GtownmaGenealogy]
Angie Offline
Zebra

I'm using Google Alerts too. Did you take in the Google+ webinar by Legacy the other day? A couple of us tried out hangouts last night too.

Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Twitter Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Facebook Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to MySpace Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Google+ and Genealogy Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Stumbleupon Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Reddit
#708090 - 08/17/11 02:13 PM Re: Google+ and Genealogy [Re: Angie]
GtownmaGenealogy Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I am watching the WEbinar on archived. Had to take my son to Dr. and missed it. I am doing a presentation on G+ at our local genealogy society on Sept 22, so I need to learn all I can about it to show others. If you see any other good info on G+ or handouts, send them my way.

You know, I know about Google alerts, but definitely don't take advantage of it. Thanks for the reminder. Maybe I should do an article on what Google has to offer us as researchers.

Well, heading out to go to the dentists. Ugh.

Tina

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor

Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Twitter Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Facebook Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to MySpace Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Google+ and Genealogy Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Stumbleupon Add Re: Google+ and Genealogy to Reddit
#708264 - 08/17/11 07:45 PM Re: Google+ and Genealogy [Re: GtownmaGenealogy]
Angie Offline
Zebra

I use a lot of the Google features: documents, alerts, calendar, Picasa, reader, sites (webpage), books, and scholar, and now Google+. Hangouts need a little finessing but it has a lot of potential.

Here is my webpage-a bit simple but it works.
Angie's Site

Edited by Angie (08/17/11 07:46 PM)

#708649 - 08/19/11 03:53 AM Re: Google+ and Genealogy [Re: Angie]
GtownmaGenealogy Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

I use some of those, need to get more practice for others. Need more hours in my day.

Tina Sansone
Ebook Manager
GENEALOGY Editor

#751787 - 03/18/12 02:17 AM Re: Google+ and Genealogy [Re: GtownmaGenealogy]
Lyn-Christian Lit Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: Southern USA
I have google+ but rarely use it. I didn't realize it offered so much for purposes of genealogical research.

#752529 - 03/21/12 02:40 AM Re: Google+ and Genealogy [Re: Lyn-Christian Lit]
Angie Offline
Zebra

You can set up alerts on Google Reader so that any time your particular surname or other topic is posted on line somewhere, you receive an alert. I use the reader and not get emails but you can set it up the way you want.

Setting Up A Google Alert

#753522 - 03/27/12 02:41 AM Re: Google+ and Genealogy [Re: GtownmaGenealogy]
Lyn-Christian Lit Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: Southern USA
Thanks Angie. I'll have to play with it!

#753524 - 03/27/12 02:48 AM Re: Google+ and Genealogy [Re: Lyn-Christian Lit]
Angie Offline
Zebra

I find obituaries and other information for surnames which I have alerts for. The moment they are posted and indexed by Google, there is an alert. I do not receive emails but use the reader.

#768154 - 06/14/12 09:23 PM Re: Google+ and Genealogy [Re: GtownmaGenealogy]
Encore DT Offline
Gecko

I started using Google+ only recently. I fought it for a while but it seems so natural, since all of my contacts already in Gmail are so easy to transfer, and those are the people I want in my online social network anyway.

#768328 - 06/15/12 09:14 PM Re: Google+ and Genealogy [Re: Encore DT]
Angie Offline
Zebra

It streams and it is easy to follow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  GtownmaGenealogy 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
What Movie Did You See Yesterday?
by Grace - Mystery Movies
Mystery Movies
3 minutes 44 seconds ago
Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries
by Grace - Mystery Movies
Mystery Movies
12 minutes 54 seconds ago
Urban Legend or Fake News
by MaryBeth - Urban Legends
Urban Legends
Today at 04:44 PM
What's the Last Movie that Surprised You?
by Mystic - Romance Movies
Romance Movies
Today at 04:16 PM
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:15 PM
Romance Movie Titles Game
by Mystic - Romance Movies
Romance Movies
Today at 04:14 PM
Replace one word... (new game)
by Rosie 66
Comedy Movies
Today at 04:11 PM
What did you dream about last night?
by Rosie 66
Dreams
Today at 04:01 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Rosie 66
Contests & Sweepstakes
Today at 03:59 PM
Exercise in Small Increments Gets Results
by ninahaska
Exercise
Today at 01:53 PM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 123 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.