Next Thread
Print Thread
#706706 08/10/11 07:50 PM
H
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
H
Watched the movie No Reservations this weekend with Catherine Zeta-Jones. I typically enjoy her movies. This one was a good story line but seemed to fall flat in my opinion. It's like they never made the characters REAL.

Just thought I'd share.

Heather Thomas
Birds
Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
A
I remember that movie and I'd agree with you. I was never able to connect with those characters. The depth just wasn't there. They had opportunities for real emotional investment with the orphaned niece, but everything was just a little too convenient.

I can't remember a role for Catherine Zeta-Jones where she plays someone with deep loving feelings. She does "distant" quite well, even "icy", and typically I've found her to play the role of the shallow beauty.

H
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
H
Good assessment of CZJ. I agree.

Heather Thomas
Birds
A
Amoeba
Amoeba
A
That was a good movie!! I liked the way the story flown till the end.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Loved the movie!

I enjoy periods or episodes, movies, conversations (ESPECIALLY)

Where sides are presented. Personal perceptions are expressed.

Reason being?

Well, in my feeling or sense (if you will...like being sensitive) what's lacking the most is the exchange of emotions and what it is that people are working through.

The movie itself was good, not quite as good as "The Break-up."

But it really did present different sides, and views. How one person can feel or view something vs. something someone else is going through that has more to do w/what's going on in the background.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I've seen so many movies with the warring chefs ie "A Taste of Romance" and "Just Desserts" (see below) that I can't remember the exact details of "No Reservations," tho I do remember watching it. I remember something about the heroine trying to get her niece to eat fish sticks or something like that. And I remember her talking to her therapist about getting the child to eat.

I guess if that's the most memorable part of the movie for me, that says something...

From IMBD:

A Taste of Romance (2012)

Widower Gill Callahan retired from the fire department after a tragedy. Helped out by some mates, he starts a diner, offering simple food to their taste. The matching music is too much for the elitist taste of his neighbor, Sara Westbrook, who just started a French restaurant and aspires a refined reputation utterly clashing with the working class neighborhood, leading to a prank war. Gill's daughter Hannah befriends Sara and ends up acting as matchmaker, helped by fate in what seems tragedy. Written by KGF Vissers

Director:Lee Rose
Writers:Evan Laughlin (story), Jennifer Notas (screenplay)
Stars:Teri Polo, James Patrick Stuart, Alexander Bedria

Just Desserts (2004) (TV)

Marco Poloni's family owns a bakery in the Bronx and it seems that they have fallen on hard times and his family is considering selling the bakery. Marco then decides to enter a baking competition hoping that the money and publicity will help them. But he needs a partner, so her asks Grace Carpenter, the baker of restaurant, but unfortunately they started off on the wrong foot, but she agrees. So they go to the competition and things seem to be looking good except for a few complications. One of the other contestant Jacques du Jacques is Marco's former classmate at the Academy, whom he says betrayed him. Emil, one of the judges, is Marco's former instructor at the Academy whom he did not leave a good impression on. And Marco's temper. So will they be able to pull it off. And at the same time Marco finds himself attracted to her but she already has a boyfriend. Written by rcs0411@yahoo.com

Director:Kevin Connor
Writer:Joseph Tropiano
Stars:Lauren Holly, Costas Mandylor, Dorie Barton

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.