Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#704023 07/27/11 02:00 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
For several years now I have been receiving newsletters from the American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign.

I started following the news updates on a band of horses years ago when I watched a Cloud, Wild Stallion Of The Rockies. Through these documentaries by filmmaker Ginger Kathrens I watched when Cloud was born, the struggles he had growing up, the time he became the leader of his band, and followed his legacy. Cloud's father was Raven, a beautiful and impressive black stallion.

You can read more about Cloud and Raven and their legacy at the link above - in an interview with Ginger Kathrens.

I am so sad to learn of yet two more deaths of horses in this band I have come to love so much. You can also watch the full episode of Cloud, an extraordinary stallion, and his band.

Their territory in the Arrowhead Mountains of Montana has been slowly infringed upon and the band has less and less land to roam free. This causes new problems and danger to the herds of wild horses. In Memoriam Admiral (2000-2011) & Climbs High (2010-2011)

Your support, in whatever way you can give it would be so appreciated.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 07/28/11 10:58 AM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
OP Offline
In 1998, our community was shocked, saddened and sickened by the discovery of 25 Nevada Wild Horses Shot And Killed. apparently for fun and target practice.

Before 2003, there were 450 Wild Horses In Nevada Killed.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 07/27/11 03:21 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
Here is a little colt from a band of wild horses we see often not far from where I live.

He came up to greet my mother who was calling him. You can see some of the other horses of the band in the background.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline

This is the stallion of the band. He kept a close eye on the little colt that came up to the car to greet us.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
We have a wildfire quite near to where I live. It is burning up in a canyon in the hills. This is in the area of several wild horse bands. My brother and I will be going out there tomorrow to see if the horses are ok - we just need assurance they are safe.

Your good thoughts and prayers for the safety of the wild horses will be so appreciated.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 07/31/11 02:10 AM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
OP Offline
The Unscientific Plan to Castrate Wild Horses has failed.

BLM Caves to Lawsuit and Abandons Unscientific Plan to Castrate Free-Roaming Wild Horses in Wyoming

AWHPC & Western Watersheds Challenged Interior Department�s Plan to Manage Wild Horses to Extinction

Phyllis Doyle Burns
N
N
They have one petition right now and I signed it, thank you!

OP Offline
Thank you, Nancy.

We often drive around our valley to spot the wild horses. There are so many different bands and we love to sit and watch them as we have a little picnic in the car. They are beautiful icons of nature and freedom.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
N
N
Oh wow you are so lucky being able to see in person wild horses! I never had that chance. Hopefully these horses will be able to remain free and in peace!

OP Offline
I hope our horses remain free, Nancy. BLM has been capturing a lot of the wild horses and burros in Nevada and it is sad.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
What BLM has done to our wild horses makes me ill.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
N
N
What BLM is doing is criminal! It is absolutely sickening that the government is letting them do it! It's a miracle that there are still wild horses remaining! I have signed many petitions for all the innocent wild horses, sadly it doesn't do anything since BLM can do whatever they want. I keep on signing since it is for animals (animals is the only place where i never give up).

W
W
Our ambition is to use the power of narrative film to raise awareness and inspire audiences to advocate for the freedom of American’s wild horses. Wild Horses, is a film directed by Stephanie Martin and shot by three-time Oscar-winning cinematographer, Robert Richardson. With the production of this film completed, we need your help to complete the post production process of this project and get the film out there for the public to see. If you are able to help donate to our story, please visit our Indie Go Go campaign, www.indiegogo.com/projects/wild-horses/x/2483161?c=home. You can learn more about Wild Horses and the talented team working with us at www.wildhorsesthefilm.com and www.facebook.com/wildhorsesfilm We are so grateful for your support of these horses!

OP Offline
WildHorsesTheFilm, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining my forum. I am very grateful that there are so many people in favor of protecting our wild horses.

I checked out the link you provided for your narrative film and find it to be safe and very interesting. The protection of wild horses is very close to my heart. We often drive around our local area to find and watch the different bands of wild horses. They are beautiful, iconic animals that are a very important part of American history.

I keep in close touch with the American Wild Horse Preservation Campaign (AWHPC) and follow all their stories and petitions. The Cloud Foundation is another site I keep in touch with.

Thank you, and again, welcome to my Folklore and Mythology forum.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.