BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I remember going to pick up my first RX for the pill (in 1997) and learning my insurance didn't cover it. I was surprised. Adding a child to an insurance policy is surely more expensive than covering the monthly charge.

I personally would not have an abortion, but I also would not infringe on someone else's right to obtain one if they so wished or needed one.

I'm at the age now where taking the pill is not recommended, so I simply buy condoms now.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Thanks Jeanne- I actually am curious to know if condoms will be included. Like you said, for some people they are the best or only option and certainly aren't always affordable, especially if they are your main means of birth control. There are people in America who can't pay co pays for life saving medication, so certainly condoms can be an added burden for some.

The report says all FDA approved birth control. I guess we will have to wait and see. If I come across an answer I will definitely make it known to my readers.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Correct me if I'm wrong. I was under the impression that women had access to pill, patch, shot, and even the IUD through "Red Door" Clinics.

What puzzles me is why vasectomy isn't covered. It is the most logical, least complicated option out there. It is reversible and the only side effect prevents pregnancy. Yet, nobody ever talks about it. Whereas, the medications they want women to take have a shopping list of side effects - one of which is death.

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Thank you for your post Deb. I had to do a little checking because I honestly had never heard of a "red door clinic". Turns out they are not nation wide.

Many insurance companies do cover vasectomy as well as several types of female sterilization, including non-invasive types. Medicaid often covers them as well.

In May of this year, I actually went through one of these procedures myself. I have a test yet to go through soon, to make sure the procedure was a success. I plan on doing an article on it as soon as the results come back.

Medicaid covered my procedure.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I hope that Planned Parenthood programs get back more meat on their bones. In my opinion is was a huge social setback to remove birth control education and options to the public.

I was unaware that Red Door was not nationwide. Unexpected knowledge - ah those are titillating moments.

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter

Moderated by  Suzanne-Pro-Choice Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.