logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Originally Posted By: Debra -- Dogs Editor
Speaking of howling at the moon... I LOVE the idea of a trip to the moon with cocktails and cattle dogs! I would totally be playing fetch with my 2 dogs -- it would be perfect! They both approve of wearing backpacks and such, so I'd have no problem getting them into their little space suits. They have so much energy that the lack of gravity and the distance you could throw a tennis ball would keep them occupied.... long enough for me to finish my cocktail! It's a win-win situation.

Of course, there would have to be some sort of magnet or velcro attached to puppy noses and to the balls so they could bring it back without taking their helmets off.

Since space is, after all, the final frontier, what about a moon cocktail with rum? Rum, pirates, the original explorers... I love Captain & 7up, but looking for another twist to put on it... your turn, Sandy!

We have to wear astro suits and helments? What about my cloak? I can so imagine myself jumping in slow motion from one spot to another in my long flowing cloak -- holding my cocktail in one hand and my bag for rock collecting in the other. smirk

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 07/30/11 11:53 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Oh Phyllis, What a fabulous picture you have just drawn to start the day........it is already morning over here.

Now I will probably never be able to read your 'Folklore and Mythology' articles again without thinking of you leaping over the moon's surface, cloak flying and cocktail in hand. laugh

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

You are such a delightful joy, Francine. What a picture I have created in the imagination for you. laugh

I am just ready to crawl into bed for the night. Maybe I will have sweet dreams of all of us doing our own thing on the moon. Tonight, the Faerie Moon is in it's phase. I am making some Faerie Moon Water. You can read all about that in Ian's Pagan forum.

If we can pretend we are going to the moon, I do not see why I cannot pretend to not have to have an astro suit and helmet. smile So, I think my long flowing cloak is going to work out just fine. cool

Have a lovely day.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

Oh, geez, if it ever were possible to party on the moon, I want each and every one of you there! The getting there would surely be as much fun as the frolic!

Francine - thanks so much for supplying that recipe. After reading your version of a cocktail recipe, mine all seem as much fun as a drawer at the morgue. You have certainly set the standard for readability much higher than any I've ever seen. Thank you so much for that delightful description laugh

Sandy Hemphill, Cocktails Editor
Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
I think Phyllis's cloak sounds splendid. As we're imagining it all, I'm going to imagine I have one as well. Mine is blue, which is my favorite color. And I think a parasol as well, which means with the other hand holding the cocktail, does someone have a dog that would pull a little cart to put my moon rocks in?

Francine's cocktail (which might match my cloak) sounds heavenly, though I think I've gained a kilo just reading the recipe.

Should there be a nonalcoholic cocktail too? I wouldn't want to leave anyone out of the party because they don't or can't drink.

And will we need a designated pilot?

Mona, my cloak is deep purple with light blue trimming and a hood.

On the moon we should weigh less, so the cocktail will not hurt, I think. However, we do need a designated pilot -- you are right about that.

Too bad Beetle is not here. He once maneuvered a blimp through the Grand Canyon and kept us quite safe (this was on another imaginary trip). Beetle is gone for the week. Hmmmm...maybe he would not be too enthused about piloting a bunch of women who want to party and frolic in cloaks (or not) on the moon. blush

You need a cart for your rocks? I was just going to gather a few small ones. Maybe I should get a cart, too, and a St. Bernard to pull it. Then Bernard can also carry an extra cocktail for me. laugh Yes! That is another thing Beetle is good at -- shaking up a good cocktail.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 07/31/11 07:31 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
I didn't have in mind a really big cart for the rocks, just something so I'd have one hand for my parasol and one for my cocktail. I could, I suppose, since they'd only be small rocks, imagine an appropriate pocket in my cloak. On the other hand, Phyllis, I like your idea of using the cart for extra cocktails.

S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

OMG! Y'all are so much fun! Can we leave today???

Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
If we were on the moon tonight and tomorrow night, we could watch the Perseids as we sip those cocktails while bundled up in our cloaks. grin

Mona, did you ask Beetlemess to pilot the ship?

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 08/12/11 11:28 PM.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
S
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
S

My lunar mission today is to get those cocktail recipes published in time for blast-off. I'm going to provide a link to this forum thread, too, so everyone can enjoy this delightful conversation and Francine's wonderful Blue Moon Cocktail recipe.

Did anyone see the Perseids last night? I understand they were at their peak.

Cocktails Website
Cocktails Forum
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Mona - Astronomy 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.