Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#702341 07/18/11 11:22 AM
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
It was the people of the United States of America that made this nation great. It is political parties that are bringing her to her knees.

You don�t even have your own individual ideas anymore. There is nothing great in mimicking your political party. It doesn�t matter what party. Get rid of the parties and save your country.

Your congress people and senators are not representing you; they are representing themselves and their party. Should they vote or stand behind an idea that the people want but the party as whole doesn�t? Or could it hurt their chances at reelection, or a comrade�s chance of election, or their party�s chance at election.

How much time has been wasted over bickering? We are heading down the sewer and it is your fault. Forget about political parties and do something about our nation. The people across the seas have the cojones (female and male version � located somewhere in your mind) to change a bad political situation. We don't!

Here our citizens sit on their lazy arses watching the country head for failure. Do something, get off your rears. DO SOMETHING! Don�t blame the problems on someone else or a political party, it is your fault for letting this happen. We deserve to feel the coming pain and suffering, maybe it will make us strong again, enough to rise and roar. If no one even reacts to this it will prove we are as ineffective as it seems.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
What do you suggest we do, Diana? Writing to our Senators or Congress does not seem to get us anywhere. Listening to talk shows and calling in to complain does nothing. Calling our Governors does nothing. Voting does nothing. Regardless of how we vote, the politicians do their own thing.

How are we to combat this fast train to the sewers?

I totally agree with you - but what else can we do? We all thought our votes matter and apparently they do not.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Come together as a nation and make them aware we aren't putting up with their BS anymore? Get together as a nation, get enough signatures and recall every single person that represents us. There are many ways to fire these people, it is just a matter of getting people inspired to do it.

The biggest thing is no longer lay claim to ANY political party, don't support them, send millions of dollars to them, ignore them. We are not interested in your candidate. If they don't have the money pouring in it makes them impotent.

I am sure we can think of lots of ways to political change, we just need the guts to do it.

I will think on this, come up with some ideas and talk with local people here, get opinions, find out how to get a petition going...

The things you are discussing need to be done - for us, our children, our grandchildren, for America!

Thanks, Diana.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
PS: you have inspired me to act. Thank you! Now we need to inspire others.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

As the US nears the brink, the budget row is exposing Republican madness http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2011/jul/17/us-default-debt-ceiling-obama-congress

As a European this article made interesting reading to me and, as we have very complex and long reaching economic problems over here currently, and that is an understatement, it simply seemed to make the situation in the USA, and how it came about, a little more clear.

Am not in a position to judge how accurate the article is, but perhaps there is someone who can comment on its truth, or not.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
I hope we can inspire the nation, very few people realize how close we are to collapse. Not just financially, but how others perceive us, and the values our children are learning through our example. What happens when there is a general feeling of hopelessness?

Koala
OP Offline
Koala
Heading to read it right now Francine. Thank you

I could not pull up the link, Francine.

I read yesterday that Obama Cannot Guarantee Social Security Checks Will Go Out On August 3.

Just WTH does that mean? Where is our money?

I spoke with several other people (family and friends) who say that Obama is just pulling a political scare to make the Republicans look bad.

What is your opinion on this?

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Koala
OP Offline
Koala
It certainly is to the point, and accurate. Very few people have any idea how much trouble we are facing. If it is locust or not, not sure on that one. If every single American called their representative right now and told them I no longer support your political party or any other, get this immediate financial crises taken care of, we will change the government to take care of the long term problems!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.