Next Thread
Print Thread
#697935 06/25/11 08:09 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
A friend of mine asked if I'd help her plan a ritual for Lughnasa. I'm like, really, already? Then I realized it's just over a month away. And the summertime always seems to just fly by!!

Last year I told the story of Lugh, and we talked about his talents, and how we all have talents too. I'm not sure what to do this year.

What do you all like to do???

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
The nice thing about the eight festivals is that there is never more than a six-week gap between them. It breaks the year up nicely although as you found out the next celebration can be on top of you before you notice.

The harvest death and rebirth themes this year look like coming dramatically to life as one of my wife's daughters is having a baby around that date, and two people I know in their eightys have health problems that mean they could be dying around that time too.

Usually we like to bake some bread, lay out a simple first harvest altar, and go to the top of Portsdown Hill where the wheat fields are and look out over the city at dawn and sunset.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Ian,

I do think they break up the year nicely - I love the festivals so much - it's nice to know we don't have to go long without one!

Blessings on the new arrival, and blessings to those who may be departing....

I love to make zuccinni bread... it grows like crazy here, and we always seem to have an abundance around this time of year.

Oh, and caramel apples!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Have either of you ever made sand candles to honor the goddess of the sea? Make sure to place newspapers over your work area for easy clean up. An outside area might be best.

Place enough sand in a bucket or large tub to scoop out a candle mold in. Add enough water so sand is completely wet and will hold the shape of your mold.

Melt wax from old altar candle stubs in a coffee can set in a pot of boiling water

Add essential oil

Hold the wick in the center of your mold and gently pour in the melted wax - careful to not burn yourself

When wax hardens, slip your fingers under the candle and carefully lift it out

Gently brush off the excess sand

These will make nice candles for your rituals and celebrating the grain harvest at suppers.

Last edited by Phyllis-Folk/Myth; 07/15/11 11:28 PM.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
This is the way Brujas and Brujos made candles in Mexico DF - especially in the Barrios.

On related topic: Does using these candles in ritual make you a Sand Witch? smile

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Originally Posted By: Ninjahedgewych
This is the way Brujas and Brujos made candles in Mexico DF - especially in the Barrios.

On related topic: Does using these candles in ritual make you a Sand Witch? smile

laugh Now that is something to ponder on.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.