logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
I'm really interested to find out which part of Australia people from other countries would really love to visit? What city, attraction or landmark have you heard about that makes you want to jump on a plane and visit Oz? :) OR if you don't want to visit Australia why not?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
G
G
The Great Barrier Reef is the world's largest organic structure, making it one of the seven natural wonders of the world. Almost one fifth of the world's coral reefs could be found here. Over 400 varieties of corals are seen in the Great Barrier Reef. It also houses an estimate of 1,500 different kinds of fish and almost 4,000 types of mollusks. Tourists would be amazed to take a glimpse of these wonderful creations. Another popular tourist destination is the world-famous Sydney Opera House.

Last edited by Gene Leshchinskiy; 06/05/09 07:08 AM.
OP Offline
Hi Gene :) The Great Barrier Reef is definitely on my to do list as far as things to see in Oz. With the rate of it's demise I am guessing the we really shouldn't leave it too long to visit, although probably once our kiddies are a bit older :) The Sydney Opera House is definitely an extremely unique building, and certainly makes for a great photo!! There are some absolutely beautiful landmarks and beaches to see in Sydney. Of course the Sydney Harbour Bridge, Bondi beach and also the other amazing beaches such as Coogee and Maroubra Beaches are just breathtakingly beautiful. Not far from Sydney a drive through the Blue Mountains region is just lovely, surrounded by green lush nature.... I have travelled most of the east coast of Australia and in fact live on the east coast. Australia has some of the most amazing beaches in the world without a doubt. Another town to visit is Byron Bay, the bluest water I have ever seen and a lovely laid back alternative lifestyle vibe. Melbourne has a gorgeous vibe and is full of great shopping and things to do, definitely a city we will return to one day. Adelaide took my breath away from the moment we drove into the city. We were greeted by Black Swans in the middle of the road lazing about on a grassed area and buildings full of heritage and culture..... Uluru.... well I just simply can't explain it, but the intensely powerful feeling that rushes through you when you are there is just, well you have to experience it first hand.... Darwin.. is a lively place full of holiday makers annd asian influenced culture... lots of things to do with the kids, almost a week there and we could have stayed much longer.... Kakadu....... OMG I simply can't wait to return there. You can literally feel the spirit of the land as you stand in awe of the aboriginal rock art and the amazing landscape that surrounds you.... wow there's so much more, our goals in the next couple of years are to visit Western Australia and Tasmania, the only 2 states we haven't been to yet and explore some of the other places we have visited but want to experience in more depth. I am actually quite proud of the vast amount of land we've travelled in Australia and if I had my way I would live on the road and just soak up the beauty of our country day in, day out!!!

E
E
I've been to Sydney and Melbourne. I would definitely visit Australia again. It's a beautiful continent with amazing people.

Emilia
gemstones
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I would love to travel to see flocks of Australian parrots, especially parakeets and cockatiels.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I would love to visit Australia!! I don't know where there I'd want to go. Everywhere!!!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Hello,

I traveled to Australia in the late 90's and even though it was a 20+ hour flight from NYC, I loved it! Bondi Beach was phenomenal as was witnessing firsthand the magnificent architecture of The Sydney Opera House.

The trip started in Sydney and I explored from there: traveling to Coff�s Harbor, the Gold Coast, the Great Barrier Reef, Brisbane. The scenery was breathtaking: everything from the panoramic mountains and to the ocean.

I indulged in Australia�s gastronomic delights, wining and dining my way through the country and sampling the local brews and wines as well as some salty vegemite.

I did some bushwalking, too, and the wildlife entranced me as I gazed at the kangaroos, koalas and wallabies.

In one word, Australia is a phenomenal place with a lot to offer the traveler. I'd love to go back and visit once again, but I think that I'd need more than 2 weeks. Ayer's Rock would be on the agenda for sure.

Anna - AHHA
W
Amoeba
Amoeba
W
I love the Great Barrier Reef!!!! Fantastic!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
I am from Australia and live in South Australia.... many great things to do here, like wineries and shopping... Not like Sydney or Melbourne though! I personally love Darwin where I grew up and its a great tourist spot... and also I love the gold coast with all the beautiful beaches.

A
A

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Judie Quilting Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.