Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#697043 06/22/11 09:10 AM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Please enjoy the article: Nothing To Wear, A Book Review

This book contains some memorable suggestions, like:

Stop saving your best clothes as if they were fine china. Wear them.

It also says that at an affair if you're the guest or the host, it's your time to shine. It says stand out in the crowd, use the free reign to dress as you please.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Oh I totally agree with that statement April, I never keep my cloths for best because I cannot see the point! Unless it is a bright pink evening dress of course, I wear all my 'posh' clothes to go shopping, do housework and walk the dogs.

I like my clothes, I bought them to wear not stick them in the closet and keep them for 'best'. I am going to look in the library for this book, thanks April.

Linda Heywood

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Linda,

It's nice to see you. I must pop over and check out all the necessary information you keep going on at the Islam site.

I love that you have that attitude: 'you bought those clothes to wear, not stick in the closet.' You go lady! Looking posh does make you feel good.

Enjoy the book!

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hey April,

It's always good dropping in to see what your latest topic is and of course I love it. A book review on "Nothing to wear". I agree with Linda (love it Linda), if you have the clothes wear them, all types of them. However, I really love how Linda put it! Love the review. I'll check back because I want to see the conversation people have about this topic. Good post!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Tuculia,

Great to 'see' you. Thanks for your interesting comments. I too want to know what people have to say about their clothing and the things in their closets.

I do what Linda does, but with jewelry. I love it, so I wear it everyday, any kind. I think pearls aren't only for dress up occasions, they go with white shirts, sundresses, etc. I love big clunky stuff too, like bangles and necklaces made of gems or natural stones. I'm a fan of Joan Rivers jewelry. I think we should adorn ourselves every day! smile

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Wow April, Joan Rivers makes some amazing jewelry.

I love my jewelry. I even had two holes pierced in my ears so I could get more on. I love my Indian bangles they make so much noise and I can't wear just a few, I need a whole armful.

Some days I put all my rings on just to look at them. I have a nose piercing too but I keep losing those and my youngest son enjoys squeezing my nose when the stud is in and it hurts!

Glad to see Tuculia is another one who loves dressing up... its what we girls were made for... loads of jewelry and pretty clothes... now don't get me started on SHOES!!!

Linda Heywood

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Linda,

SHOES!!! We can't even discuss those. LOL we are such girly girls inside aren't we? And you too? Aren't the Indian bangles prima, but you're right, when you wear them everyone knows you're arriving because of the noise.

You made me laugh about your nose ring, but I do love that look.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Another tidbit from the book Nothing To Wear?:

Within the first few seconds of meeting you, people generate an impression. Your style is part of that impression...

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Do enjoy the article entitled Wardrobe Fundamentals

J
J
why stuff the wear.

Raw urls aren't allowed at BellaOnline.com We can help.

Last edited by AprilAlisaMarquette; 01/23/12 04:01 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.