Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#692915 06/05/11 02:37 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

You have to check out this awesome article by our Bella 12 Step Recovery editor. I am a food addict and did not realize this until I was in my 30's. I am now 52 and happy to say I am handling my addiction in a healthy way in spite of it being a DAILY challenge to do so. I do have my moments, but rather than give up - I get right back up on my feet, figure out what triggered my addiction and move on.

Link to Bella 12 Step Recovery Editor's Article

Let us know what you think of the article, maybe share your story and tips for coping.

Bye for now laugh

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Angela,

Thanks for mentioning my article on Food Addiction. I haven't read it myself for a bit and so as I reread it, decided that perhaps I should publish it again. Amazing how I have to look at something I wrote and then remind myself to live by my own words!

So thank you for the reminder!

Blessings,
Kathy L.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Kathy:

You are welcome and I am glad I found it.

Well,I am being challenged big time with my addiction as I had to move out of my boyfriend's house last night due to his evergrowing alcohol and drug use. Finally go tired of the lights being off. And it had nothing about not being able to pay the bill, it is just not his priority. And keep in mind I give him a weekly amount that covers the rent.

So today I am trying to get out of Columbus, Georgia by 11am tomorrow when I have to check out of the place I was able to get for the night.

Spent last night in the car,thank goodness it was in my name in spite of him using it while I took the bus due to his job.

It has been 3 long years and would have been one year October of living together.

Now that I think back, I am NEVER going to allow another man to put me through what I ALLOWED him to put me through. Yes, kept HOPING he would change(lol). Only got worst along with the "verbal abuse" = began to BELIEVE what he was saying.

I think I had a "mental breakdown" last night as I grew numb and just started to "calmly" pack up my stuff. Lucky for me,the only stuff I had there was my clothes. No furniture.

And I know with time the hurt and feeling like an idiot will go away...

It is so scary being in a city where you know no one, he moved here to join his family and I joined him.

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 06/18/11 04:02 PM.
G
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
G
Quote:
Only got worst along with the "verbal abuse" = began to BELIEVE what he was saying.

It is extremely difficult to understand while going through something like that how much we see ourselves through 'their' eyes. Sometimes it takes months, years even to realize how much our identity was distorted because we let someone else give us the complete picture of ourselves (and it is ALWAYS distorted in an abusers eyes). I am glad that you have an eye opener to it. It only gets better for you when you surround yourself with supportive, loving people. Hugs.

Last edited by GoodMorningSunshine; 06/18/11 04:12 PM.
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks GoodMorningSunshine:

My only child, a daughter age 24 has been there for me through every crisis as soon as she got old enough.

You are so right and I am working on not ACCEPTING anything less.

I hope to be driving back to Orlando, Florida tomorrow before I have to check out at 11am. I am trusting God that the car will make it. Thanks for caring smile

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Angela, A friend of mine that I met via my 12 Step Recovery site wrote an article for me that I posted. It is called "So You Love An Alcoholic". She is vest in recovery through Al-Anon. I wish I could tell you exactly where to find the article but it is in my Archives. It is a great article that even though you may be done with the relationship, I think you would find valuable. Wishing you the best and take care driving back to FL.

Blessings,
Kathy

J
J
It would be safe to say that I believe I am a food addict. I never even thought of there being such a thing. I've always been a big girl, but after losing a bf almost two years ago, I have gotten much bigger, like 60lbs...and I eat just because. I remember the other day, I made a pb&j, and as I was making it, I thought to myself, I'm not even hungry..but I ate it anyways.. I'm at the point where I want to better myself, and I am going to start going to the gym. This post caught my eye, because the past few weeks, I've been upset about it, crying when I'm alone..even my bf and I haven't had sex in a few weeks, so I feel very unattractive...I wonder if there's a group like that for me to check out..

Moderated by  Kathy - 12 Step Recovery 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.