Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
Betty6123, nigarnigar, vebuskeder, Ladybugz, LLTC
57300 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57300 Members
417 Forums
113264 Topics
803563 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 572
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 374
Beetlemess 299
Jana - Creativity Editor 235
Ro Longstreet-Wicca 83
Nancy Roussy 59
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 55
Dorcie's 53
Sandra Investing/HFinance 51
Linu 47
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 ... 18 19 >
Topic Options
#695652 - 06/15/11 01:55 PM What Yoga did you Do Today?
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity

Since returning from Kripalu I have a fresh, renewed appreciation for how good my body feels after doing yoga. I will aim for a daily routine.

So far I'm doing well. The weather is cooperating so I did about an hour of yoga each morning on my back porch in the sun. The birds were singing, the flowers were blooming, and I feel so much better!

My leg muscles are fairly tight right now - I can barely go back into a hurdler's stretch - so that is something I'm working on.

Add What Yoga did you Do Today? to Twitter Add What Yoga did you Do Today? to Facebook Add What Yoga did you Do Today? to MySpace Add What Yoga did you Do Today? to Del.icio.us Digg What Yoga did you Do Today? Add What Yoga did you Do Today? to Yahoo My Web Add What Yoga did you Do Today? to Google Bookmarks Add What Yoga did you Do Today? to Stumbleupon Add What Yoga did you Do Today? to Reddit
#695653 - 06/15/11 02:18 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
ExerciseEditor Offline
Elephant

I did a flow practice with all types of sun salutations last Friday. Monday I did a chakra yoga practice with tons of emphasis on earth, air, heart (root, navel, heart).

Yesterday I got to practice with a client. We did seated poses to open up the hips at the very end of her workout. About 10 min. I had worked out earlier in the day so this felt really good.

I've tried practicing daily but have found that my body needs other types of exercise to stay happy, burn fat, build strength, boost endurance, and be healthy.

I've settled into 3 x a week practice and that seems to works for me.

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Twitter Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Facebook Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to MySpace Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Reddit
#696051 - 06/17/11 05:58 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: ExerciseEditor]
BellaOnline Editor

I've done about an hour of yoga each morning and today I also did my hour class in the afternoon which I have once a week. So I think I had two hours today! My spine is already feeling much better, and I'm doing better with my hurdler's stretch. I'm always surprised how quickly yoga can help out.

Monica - I agree that I don't think of yoga as a "replacement" for running or walking or aerobic - to me they're all different components of overall health. I am very eager for my boyfriend to finish using my PS2 monitor so I can hook up my dance-dance-revolution set again and get back to my dancing! I love doing that.

Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Twitter Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Facebook Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to MySpace Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Yahoo My Web Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Google Bookmarks Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Stumbleupon Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Reddit
#698454 - 06/28/11 07:06 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
kelly0403 Offline

I practiced surya-namaskar

#698967 - 06/30/11 12:49 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: kelly0403]
BellaOnline Editor

Dear Kelly -

I had to look that up, I didn't know its proper name! So you did a sun salutation today? What are the steps in the one you do?

#699014 - 06/30/11 05:49 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
kelly0403 Offline

i practiced surya-namaskar today

#699027 - 06/30/11 09:00 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: kelly0403]
Astera Offline
Jellyfish

Jffice Yoga I did today.

#700251 - 07/06/11 01:38 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Astera]
BellaOnline Editor

Dear Astera -

What is Jffice Yoga?

Today I did an hour of yoga in the morning on my back porch. Then in the evening I went to my gentle yoga class. It was quite nice.

#700668 - 07/08/11 12:36 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Today I had a lunch appointment so I could only do a half hour of morning but then I had a full hour class so that was lovely outside in a gazebo.

#702710 - 07/20/11 11:14 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
kelly0403 Offline

I am practicing prenatal yoga workouts for my healthy pregnancy.

Edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames (09/02/14 10:52 AM)

#704021 - 07/27/11 05:42 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: kelly0403]
ExerciseEditor Offline
Elephant

I'm thinking of skipping my Xtend Barre workout and doing about 70 minutes of my Shiva Rea flow yoga dvd. I have not practiced real yoga for over 3 weeks and I'm starting to feel like my mind is suffering for it. I'm finding it harder to go with the flow lately especially when work issues or family distractions come up.

I think 10-15 min. a day of chakra yoga poses is just not enough for me.

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

#704082 - 07/27/11 10:16 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: ExerciseEditor]
BellaOnline Editor

Dear Monica -

I enjoy Shiva Rea and several of the teachers I've worked with have promoted the health aspects of flow style yoga.

I do feel the loss when I stop doing yoga for a while. My mind gets more easily distracted and my body feels achy. I feel so much better when I do yoga each day.

I agree that for me 15 minutes would be too short. I am barely getting my mind to quiet and my body to relax in those first 15 minutes. It's probably the middle 30 minutes that I really hit my stride. Then the wind down period is important for its own reasons.

#720955 - 10/22/11 05:43 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I've been so busy recently that I haven't done yoga for the past week. Also it's gotten cold out so it's too cold to do yoga on my back porch, and I'd gotten very fond of that. Doing it inside in a bedroom just isn't quite the same. But I need to adjust smile

Time to get the bedroom cleaned up so I have a "meditation room" to enjoy! I'll work on that tomorrow.

I can feel in my shoulders that they haven't been taken care of, they're achy and sore.

#721039 - 10/23/11 02:29 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: Verde Valley, AZ
I was in the waiting room at the guidance clinic yesterday for 45 minutes and did yoga there. I felt a little weird doing that in a public place, but then thought, 'screw it.'

Then in my self esteem class I committed to doing yoga every day this week. So I still have to do today (i forgot already). I can do tonite while dan and i watch something on tv.

#723328 - 11/03/11 09:13 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

I have been better about the yoga but have not been doing it every day. My goal is still to do some - even a little bit - every day for a week.

Then for another week.

Then we will see. smile

#723339 - 11/03/11 10:05 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lori - Marriage Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: Orange, CA USA
I'm thinking of bringing my yoga mat to the local park to be surrounded by nature while doing yoga. I'd love to go to the Sanctuary (a yoga center) but the monthly cost...

BellaOnline.com Marriage
Twitter: @BellaMarriage

Dreams editor
Bellaonline.com Dreams site
The Dream Collective
Dreams: What are you trying to tell yourself?
Twitter: @tweetdreams4u
and @flutterby03

#723565 - 11/05/11 03:22 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Lori - nature sounds gorgeous! I understand completely about the cost of going to a center. I think it's better to make your own sanctuary smile

Jilly - that's great that you're working it into your daily routine!

I haven't done yoga since the cold weather hit. I was so spoiled by the gorgeous outdoor porch yoga that it feels less fun to do it inside. But I have to do it anyway. I have to make inside feel just as lovely.

#723586 - 11/05/11 05:47 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

At my self esteem class I was talking about my yoga goal and we decided to do a few sun salutations right there. That was nice.

#723717 - 11/05/11 10:22 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Dear Jilly -

That's wonderful, you're helping bring yoga into the lives of others!

I am currently doing corpse pose with my laptop on my lap smile

OK I will put the laptop down and do some owl twists! I love those smile

#723733 - 11/05/11 11:43 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

I would not mind if we opened with a sun salutation before each class.

Lisa, have you done Hot?bikram yoga yet? I am hesitant about hot yoga. it sounds sweaty instead of relaxing.

#724038 - 11/07/11 11:02 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Dear Jilly -

I have not tried hot yoga, and right now I'm too busy to think about researching or looking for one to try out. Maybe in the spring!

Fans say it's like being in a lovely sauna and then gently stretching.

#732242 - 12/20/11 02:12 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I don't think I've done yoga in a month. I've been insanely busy and cut out everything - but I really miss the yoga. I can feel aches and pains in all parts of my body.

Part of it is I loved my hour long routine, and it seems impossibly long to "waste" now.

I need to just do 10 minutes. I can spare 10 minutes. I need to start somewhere.

#735313 - 12/29/11 06:29 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Have you done ten minutes? I want to at least do a sun salutation each day...i keep forgetting.

#735395 - 12/29/11 02:32 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Arizona
I'm about to do (embarrassed to say)... Denise Austin's yoga video. It's one with weights and I love it. It's not exactly the "peaceful way to start your morning yoga", but it's a great, short workout.

Moms Site

#736576 - 12/31/11 11:18 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Lisa, don't be embarrassed! All yoga is good yoga.

I need to go outside in the sun and do some salutations today.

#737191 - 01/02/12 08:32 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

patheric, yes, but i did some stretches and child's pose this morning.

#739455 - 01/09/12 08:47 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I did some yoga on vacation and it was quite soothing. It helped to release stress.

Now that I'm home, I've come down with a cold. I may just do a few simple poses later, to help relax.

#743050 - 01/27/12 01:31 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

OK the cold is finally over and I'm starting to settle into a routine again. I did an hour of yoga today with a new instructor. I'll post about her separately, but I'm glad I did get an hour in.

#750811 - 03/13/12 03:14 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Spring is coming! We had gorgeous weather today and I set up the back porch with our plants that we'd wintered in the dining area. The big pot of rosemary right by where my yoga mat goes. Then I did yoga!

I tried out the new yoga mat my boyfriend gave me - I'll post about that separately.

I did an hour of it and realized just how much I'd missed doing this. I've been doing 1-2 hours of dance a day, but yoga has its own charms.

#750989 - 03/13/12 07:45 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I did a lovely hour of yoga today on the back porch, on my normal mat. It was great! I also put Juliet (our cat) on a leash for the first time so she could come out with me. She loved it! She lay in the grass in front of me and sprawled in bliss. Occasionally she'd wander to a new spot. It was idyllic smile

#776624 - 08/06/12 05:44 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Back from another hiatus smile I can feel it in my spine if I haven't done yoga in a while.

It was an absolutely gorgeous day. I just finished an hour of yoga on the back porch. Sun shining, birds singing, kitty sprawled next to me.

How are you guys doing?

#783727 - 09/23/12 07:26 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

OK yes once again I let life distract me. Time to start afresh.

As soon as my graphics card installs I plan on going out for a short while, to get my day started. You guys know I work at night so I don't wake up until 2pm or so. Which is nice in that my "morning" yoga is in full warm sun even in the fall. I like to do my yoga on the back porch.

#783735 - 09/23/12 09:02 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
ancientflaxman Offline
Parakeet

Loc: in the middle of Minnesota
Sunrise yoga

#787040 - 10/10/12 02:43 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Today I just did some gentle twists, but it was certainly better than nothing! I need to carve out more time for yoga.

#794431 - 11/28/12 02:09 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BoomerGal Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
I started practicing Bikram yoga 5 weeks ago and have been going 4-5 times a week. I definitely takes more commitment than my yoga class at the YMCA. I used to go to the Y 2-3 times a week and if I missed a class, I didn't stress about it. I think with Bikram, you kind of have to go more often or you can't improve.

I've noticed a lot of benefits to hot yoga though and really like it. It's a real challenge.

#798851 - 01/03/13 08:01 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

That's great to hear, BoomerGal!

I did an hour of yoga this morning, as dawn was arriving. It was lovely!

#798852 - 01/03/13 08:09 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Susan - Meditation Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee

Loc: The Netherlands
I did a sun salutation early in the day - it's my all-purpose get up and go stretch - I'm 60+ BTW

#798854 - 01/03/13 09:04 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi Susan smile I love how yoga is so universal and available to everyone. Sun salutation is such an awaken for the whole body. Good to hear how it helps you.

I was up at the crack of dawn to pick my son up from the airport and missed my session today. Will have to do some stretches and meditation later smile

#799398 - 01/07/13 10:05 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I did morning yoga yesterday, and today I again was able to do it. I'm getting into a rhythm! I really enjoy doing yoga while watching the birds out my sliding glass door. It brings an additional layer of peace.

#799482 - 01/07/13 03:44 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BoomerGal Offline
Parakeet

Loc: USA
I'm still doing 90 minute hot yoga classes and loving it! I didn't start doing it to lose weight but I've gone from a size 10 jeans to a size 6! I never thought I would evenn see size 8 again. All this happened over the holidays, BTW and I didn't do anything special with my diet.

#799534 - 01/08/13 04:14 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Good to hear of your practices. Sounds like Hot Yoga suits you down to the ground Boomergal smile.

I've been doing a lot of meditation recently. My back has been niggling for a couple of weeks so been taking it easy on my usual practice - still doing gentle stretches and a lot of walking!

#799557 - 01/08/13 09:31 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

BoomerGal - congratulations! That is great news.

I just finished my morning yoga session. Today I had juncos, downies, and titmice keeping me company. Next up, to sort out my mail smile.

#799752 - 01/09/13 11:26 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

A lovely morning session of yoga with bluebirds, nuthatches, chickadees, and the ever-present juncos. A serene way to start the day!

#799920 - 01/10/13 12:51 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Sounds lovely. My session was postponed from this morning to this afternoon due to family considerations - and space! I did some gentle stretches, spinal twists and pranayama before an hour meditation.

#800022 - 01/11/13 02:41 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Jilly Offline
BellaOnline Editor

I have been doing yoga in bed the last few days. Since I am still getting over this flu, I'm taking it really easy. Lots of stretches and cobras and planks.

#800041 - 01/11/13 06:14 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hope you feel better soon! Hope the yoga is helping.

I recently did the same - stretches in bed and pranayama to help with breathing and the aches and pains that the flu brings.

Do you usually have a yoga practice?

#801436 - 01/18/13 01:48 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I Forgot to check in, but I think I've done yoga every day since my last post. I've really enjoyed the routine, and I love having the bird feeder right "in front of me" while I do the practice. And now my petunia is flowering! smile

#801621 - 01/19/13 01:37 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Didn't sleep well last night, but a lovely yoga session brought a fresh start to my day. Beautiful blue skies and sunshine.

#801751 - 01/20/13 02:47 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

A delightful yoga session with sunshine and a purring kitty. The rose plant Bob got me last Valentine's Day is looking ready to flower!

#801861 - 01/21/13 12:42 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Thanks for all your updates smile

I regularly do The Spinal Warm up series from Kundalini and have found that to be great to energise and waken the body in the morning. I posted an article about it earlier smile

#802485 - 01/24/13 08:32 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I had a great yoga session this morning - the sun was sparkling off the snow, turning it into a kaleidoscope of colors. It was really pretty smile.

#803003 - 01/28/13 05:43 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Today I have done a complete session as listed on previous post smile
All the snow has gone and given way to a green landscape again.

#803157 - 01/28/13 02:22 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I have your snow!

A lovely yoga session while snowflakes danced and spun outside my window. The bluebirds are stocking up on suet to prepare! I got video smile

#803256 - 01/29/13 03:43 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Sounds lovely smile

#803832 - 01/31/13 08:42 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Lisa - Moms Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Loc: Arizona
DDP Yoga... so fun! and it's a good workout... it's not your peaceful yoga... or, as the DDP guy says "this ain't your mama's yoga"

Moms Site

#803879 - 02/01/13 04:54 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi Lisa (Pinkus) Thanks for sharing! Sounds great. Hadn't heard of DDP Yoga - just looked it up. They describe it as a hybrid yoga due to all the additions. Good to know you've found a yoga that helps and makes you feel good smile

#804048 - 02/01/13 04:37 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I did modified yoga this afternoon, avoided all the head-down poses like Downward Facing Dog. Still foggy, but feeling better. The flu is finally fading. It was nice to stretch and watch the bluebirds.

#804290 - 02/04/13 05:17 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi Lisa hope the flu is lifting! Good to see you are still able to do a modified gentle practice while ill. Hope the recovery is swift.

Today I have done some deep stretches and will take a long brisk walk later to blow off the cobwebs smile

#804437 - 02/04/13 05:05 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I'm glad to be feeling better again. I did my full yoga session and my fine feels quite happy smile.

#804687 - 02/05/13 08:43 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

A lovely yoga session - wow, much different doing it mid-day after my shake! I felt much stronger and integrated with the poses.

#805973 - 02/13/13 05:15 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

A lovely yoga session, my first since last Thursday I think. I missed it. My spine feels much better now. Lots of petunias to enjoy!

#808873 - 02/28/13 06:33 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

A lovely yoga session, with Juliet the cat interweaving as much as she possibly could. She likes to help with my balance. Now shake time.

#810325 - 03/09/13 12:22 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I finally got the kitchen cleared out enough to do yoga again. It's funny how quickly it fills with clutter. I enjoyed it immensely. My body definitely misses it when I can't do it. Julie was walking all around beneath me while I did my downward facing dog.

#810394 - 03/09/13 06:50 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Did my yoga, my tailbone is sore from doing the 100 situps yesterday. Bob recommends I just hold plank longer vs doing situps to work on my stomach muscles. So I'll give that a try. The spinal twists felt really, really nice.

#810461 - 03/10/13 08:16 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Sounds good advice - holding plank for longer. I've been diagnosed with pleurisy which has come on since having the flu before Christmas. Been in a lot of pain with it and at last got a proper diagnosis after being fobbed off that it was muscular!

Been doing breathing exercises and the kriya I posted in my article last week to try and alleviate symptoms also taking lots of rest!

#812285 - 03/20/13 05:35 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Wow has it been this long since I did yoga? That would be sad.

I enjoyed a lovely yoga session on this first day of spring. My spine appreciates the gentle stretching.

#812298 - 03/20/13 08:07 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tina - Living Simply Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko

Loc: Bay Area, California
Lisa, I loved the yoga exercises you encouraged us to do at your launch party last week. Is there somewhere there are exercises like that in a list on one page?

WireFreeBra.com

Living Simply-Improve Your Life with Less Clutter Book

#812893 - 03/24/13 06:08 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Tina - I have my list of yoga exercises I used here -

Book Launch Party

Enjoy!

Edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames (03/24/13 06:09 PM)

#812894 - 03/24/13 06:09 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I had a delightful yoga session today. It was lovely and warm - 64F - with sun streaming in through the window. Also I danced all night long last night, so my spine definitely enjoyed the stretching!

#813131 - 03/25/13 06:44 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I adored my yoga session today. My spine felt great, my legs felt great, it was just what I needed.

#813148 - 03/25/13 11:21 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Terri - Exercise/Yoga Editor Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

My spine is jealous. But since I won't be going to bed for several hours I think I will endulge in a little yoga.

Exercise: Website | Forum
Yoga: Website | Forum

Don't forget to sign up for the weekly Yoga Newsletter.

#813682 - 03/28/13 04:19 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

On Tuesday night I ended up at a friend's small office for a few hours in the evening, waiting for my boyfriend to finish playing darts. He was playing in a smoky club so I didn't want to be in the club with him. I ended up just doing my yoga routine on the carpet. It was lovely! It was great to have a way to relax and exercise without needing any equipment at all. It was after hours so there was nobody in the office to see me smile

#815623 - 04/08/13 05:12 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Wow I think that was the last time I did yoga. It's funny how the days slip away.

Today was *gorgeous* out so for the first time this year I did yoga on the back porch. It was fantastic. Julie, my cat, sprawled at my side. She's normally an inside-only cat but I let her out when I go out.

Blue skies, drifting clouds, singing birds, quite lovely.

#817034 - 04/17/13 06:16 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Wow, a long time since my last yoga. This poison ivy did me in.

Had a lovely yoga session in the early evening - but killed at least 15 mosquitoes while I was out there. Feeling a tad bit guilty.

It was the first day the poison ivy felt under control enough to attempt it.

#817039 - 04/17/13 07:24 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

I had a really nice Yin Yoga session which I just finished. I did it in my workout room with lots of clothes on and blankets. It is 18 degrees with wind chill of 1 degrees and it is still snowing, going on day 4 now. I long for the day I can do yoga on my patio.

#817234 - 04/19/13 03:41 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Sounds like a lovely session Terri. Hope the snow lets up smile

#817237 - 04/19/13 03:45 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi Lisa,

Glad you managed to do some yoga. You've had it tough recently! Hope you're better soon smile

I've been doing some very basic stretches, breathing exercises and meditation during my bout of pleurisy. Still not right yet although I feel the sessions have helped me - if not physically definitely emotionally.

#819187 - 05/02/13 07:39 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I still haven't done a full session, I need to get back into the habit.

I did do tree pose today. I do that when I'm standing around so that one is "easy" for me.

#821145 - 05/16/13 12:04 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Wow, I never realize how long has gone by until I post again.

My new technique is I got 3 DVDs from the library so I have to do them daily to try them all out and return them in time.

Tested out the DVD "Yoga for Stress Relief & Flexibility" with Ashley Turner. I did the stress relief part tonight. It was quiet and gentle. I'll try the flexibility half tomorrow.

#821147 - 05/16/13 12:17 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

looking forward to your recommendations.

#821657 - 05/18/13 12:29 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I did the flexibility part last night, and have posted my review of the DVD. Now I'll try a routine from one of the other two DVDs tonight smile.

#821693 - 05/18/13 12:48 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

I'm not able to do yoga right now because of my surgery. However I do breathing and meditation.

#822399 - 05/20/13 02:30 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Terri -

How about mountain pose? smile

#822400 - 05/20/13 02:30 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I've done several routines from my Yoga for Weight Loss DVD. Today I did a 30 minute one followed by a 20 minute one. They were OK but did have some issues. Hopefully tomorrow (Monday) I can tackle the 50 minute routine.

#822418 - 05/20/13 05:11 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Wishing you a speedy recovery from surgery Terri smile

#822502 - 05/20/13 04:59 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Tracy - Yoga]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Thank you, Tracy.

#822503 - 05/20/13 05:01 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Yes, I believe I can do Mountain Pose. I have a few others in mind also. Just don't have a lot of energy yet.

#822507 - 05/20/13 05:05 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Lisa, you may have already mentioned but who is the production company and the instructor of the DVDs?

#822582 - 05/21/13 12:12 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Neviathwen Offline

Loc: WA, UAS
My classes this week are all about creating length in the side body and waist, seated side bend and cat/cow to start, Surya Namaskar with 3 legged dog and option for Camatkarasana(wild thing) worked in. Virabhadrasana II and Reverse, Utthita Trikonasana and Reverse, prasarita padotadasana. On the floor Parivrtta Janu Sirsasana, Cobra (mini/med/large) to finish supported savasana on some folded blankets.

#822600 - 05/21/13 04:09 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi Neviathwen,

Love the sound of your sequences. Using the breath throughout the postures is great to increase length. I always imagine pulling the ribcage away from the hips with each in breath to lengthen the spine and increase the stretch. It is so beneficial to the body as it keeps us tall instead of all bunched up in the middle.

Thanks for sharing your inspiring session.

#827752 - 06/28/13 07:45 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

When we were at the vet yesterday with Ivory, our parakeet, both Bob and I did tree pose in the waiting room. It was relaxing and calming. It's good to have these "tools" to work with so when you are in a stressful situation you have the techniques at your disposal.

#827767 - 06/28/13 09:10 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

How is Ivory?

#834537 - 08/22/13 02:20 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Wow, it is just amazing how time scampers by when one is not paying attention.

I just did a full yoga set today, the first time in apparently a very long time.

I need to make this part of my daily routine again. My muscles definitely are not as stretchy as they used to be.

One day at a time. Today was a good yoga day smile.

#834551 - 08/22/13 04:05 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet

Lisa, have you read anything about using weights while doing yoga?

#834690 - 08/23/13 01:04 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Enjoyed a lovely yoga session on the back porch with hummingbirds, dragonflies, a cute tree frog, Julie the cat, and a circular rainbow!

#834701 - 08/23/13 02:15 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Chelle SFF Movies Offline
Shark

Loc: Flowery Branch, GA
Does buying yoga pants count?

“You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” ― Maya Angelou

#834710 - 08/23/13 05:11 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Absolutely Chelle - every step is a step in the right direction!

How about just giving yourself some "halos" for the day, to celebrate. Sit up straight and gently rotate your head as if it was making halos.

#834784 - 08/24/13 12:21 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Chelle SFF Movies Offline
Shark

Loc: Flowery Branch, GA
My back and neck have been so stiff lately, I had been thinking of giving some (very) mild yoga a try. I know I don't need yoga pants to do yoga, but it makes me feel more like it, lol!

“You can't use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.” ― Maya Angelou

#835073 - 08/27/13 12:47 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Chelle -

Every little bit helps! Try doing even "arm flaps". Stand and gently rotate left, then right, as if your arms were loose coat sleeves. Let them flap against your body at the end of each turn. It helps to loosen your spine and feels nice.

#835074 - 08/27/13 12:51 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

A lovely yoga session on my back porch - but last night's massive rainstorm seems to have swept away the cute tree frog. I can't find him! I hope he's all right. I did see many dragonflies.

#835305 - 08/28/13 11:54 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I did some fun yoga as part of a photography project. I'll post about that in the photography forum smile.

#835752 - 08/31/13 12:20 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

What a gorgeous morning! Yoga on the back porch and our little grey tree frog is back! I'm so glad it's OK. Beautiful start to a day.

#853546 - 01/29/14 09:12 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

A lovely yoga session. I haven't done a full one in a while. Plus the birds were flying steadily at the feeder. A lovely start to the day.

#853634 - 01/29/14 12:15 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi Lisa,

That sounds lovely.

I'm just back from a yoga class. I joined in a friends class today. It was great to do an unfamiliar routine. Although, I did a Pilates class on Monday and my muscles are still sore so I had to take it slow today.

#854496 - 02/01/14 02:17 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

I've never tried Pilates. I should some day smile.

I love my morning yoga sessions. My spine and hamstrings feel so much better afterwards. They crave the stretching. I had a relaxing one this morning in the kitchen, where I can see the bird feeders while I move. It's a great start to the day.

#854499 - 02/01/14 02:43 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

... This is the tank I wore yesterday. I wore a variant of it today - comfy.

#854501 - 02/01/14 02:53 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Hi Lisa,

The top looks lovely. I wear loose leggins and a long sleeved top to do yoga in.

Pilates is good. Excellent for core stability as a lot of the exercises engage the stomach muscles. I have been to several classes with different teachers and no two classes have been the same. The Monday class was very yoga like as in the postures were familiar yoga postures including; The Tree, Downward Dog, Plank and a version of Salute To The Sun.

#854502 - 02/01/14 02:56 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

... Here's the pants from yesterday, and again I wore a variant today. I'm not that fond of polyester; that's my main complaint.

#854503 - 02/01/14 02:58 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Tracy -

I greatly prefer my thinner-strapped top as it doesn't bind as much -

But I don't have 7 of those and I tend to only do wash once a week smile.

#854582 - 02/02/14 12:53 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Did fairly brief yoga today because I also did an hour of Wii dancing, which I love.

Here's another of my Danskin tops - still don't like it as much as the thin strap one. It's good to have a selection though smile.

#854583 - 02/02/14 12:59 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

These are the pants I wore which are identical in every tag number to the previous ones - it's just the color is pink and not stripey blue.

#854678 - 02/03/14 12:05 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Lovely yoga session this morning; joints and spine feel so much better now. Now to tackle the 1,699 msgs in my inbox. Having my EAS shake.

#854703 - 02/03/14 12:52 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

I had a good session today too. Went to Pilates class. Was tough class though I felt amazing afterwards.

Good luck with the emails!

#854831 - 02/04/14 11:44 AM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

A lovely yoga session with birds at the two feeders. I'm doing better at plank, too - I have 2 rounds of it during the sun salutations.

#854844 - 02/04/14 12:08 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

Here's the yoga routine I'm currently doing. Do you guys do yoga? What poses do you like?

Forward Standing Section
* Standing gently turning arm-flapping-like-open-coat-sleeves, 20 count, a la Kripalu.
* Moon pose, left and right
* Bend back, then bend forward to floor
* Tree pose, left and right
* Sun salutation, 2 rounds
... includes downward-facing dog, plank, cobra, and other poses

Side Standing Section
Warrior Pose II
... includes sub-poses like side angle pose
Warrior Pose I
Hanging triangle

Middle Section
Tucked squat
Lord of the Fishes left and right
Cat-Cow 10x
Extended Child Pose
Rolling Cat-Cow 10x
Extended Child Pose

Floor Section
Hurdler's Stretch, forward back, left right
Spinal twist - knee to one side, arm outstretched to other, left right
Dead bug pose
Bridge pose with very slow release
savasana
Lotus position, 5 halos each way, 5 nose circles each way
Namaste

#855039 - 02/05/14 03:33 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
Tracy - Yoga Offline
Jellyfish

Sounds like a great routine smile Very comprehensive. Today I did a class that included; leg raises, warrior 1 and 2, honing downward dog, salute to the sun, shoulder stand, fish pose, child pose, and a lot of leg extensions.

#855074 - 02/05/14 05:07 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

That sounds great, Tracy! I don't do shoulder stands. I'd probably fall smile.

#855075 - 02/05/14 05:08 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

A lovely yoga session to start my day! We have about 14" of snow, the birds are flocking at the feeders, it's beautiful out. Serenity.

#855186 - 02/06/14 12:44 PM Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? [Re: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames]
BellaOnline Editor

A lovely morning yoga session. Birds at all the feeders, and my hamstrings are stretching a bit more each day! A great start to a sunny day.

Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Twitter Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Facebook Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to MySpace Add Re: What Yoga did you Do Today? to Del.icio.us Digg Re: What Yoga did you Do Today?