Next Thread
Print Thread
#690284 05/25/11 06:21 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
How many of you believe in, or have experienced, the 'Evil Eye'?

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Ninjahedgewych #690621 05/26/11 11:36 AM
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Our culture is notorious for declaring something evil that they do not or can not understand. The true purpose of the "eye" is totally misunderstood. If used as a weapon the results can be very dark. We of the old order have used it for protection for ones that needed it but not to cause extreme harm to another. It, as well as many spiritual processes, is used for the purpose of teaching lessons for the improvement of the individual and NOT as retaliation for misdeeds or "just because I can" stupidity. The "eye" has been used for extremely beneficial healing methods and to clear the ill intent of self or another. The word "evil" in this context has been placed ignorantly upon the eye because of a lack of understanding of its purpose and power. Jesus himself knew of the power of the eye and used it several times in the process of healing. One in particular was when he restored sight to a blind individual. He was a master practitioner of human healing arts and He knew how to use use his abilities to defeat circumstances and spirits that would cause a reduction in bodily function. Fear of the unknown is what has kept our culture in the dark about the depths of the human psyche, how it responds to metaphysical healing, and how the utterance of the tongue can kill or heal. The "eye" is only evil until we understand that it can be used for the benefit of mankind. These are gifts!!! Ill intent can render it evil. We choose to use it for restoration.

ancientflaxman #693870 06/08/11 07:25 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Originally Posted By: ancientflaxman
Fear of the unknown is what has kept our culture in the dark about the depths of the human psyche, how it responds to metaphysical healing, and how the utterance of the tongue can kill or heal. The "eye" is only evil until we understand that it can be used for the benefit of mankind. These are gifts!!! Ill intent can render it evil. We choose to use it for restoration.

This is so true. My father taught me this very same thing.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I am very familiar with eye. Though in "pagan" or spiritual sectors the word "evil" holds no relevance. That is a religious notion which has no place in actual growth and enlightenment, as it is the act of judging.

Rather, the world is viewed by its positive and negative energy attributes. To utilize your "eye" is natural though nearly all are taught that it is not. Most are taught to label (aka judge) those who embrace this natural act as freaks, misfits, outcasts, the list of negative connotations is quite long. Resulting in large masses of lost connectivity, as they embrace the misguided talent of judging others. Consequently, closing their "eye" because they are taught it is not real.

The eye is a tool. What makes it positive or negative in outcome is what rests at the core of its owner.

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Quote:
The eye is a tool. What makes it positive or negative in outcome is what rests at the core of its owner.

Very true, in the next article I explain how someone who uses magick- including the projection of this type of energy through the eyes- for negative purposes becomes more vulnerable to negativity than the average person due to resonance.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama

Moderated by  Ninjahedgewych 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.