Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I have friends who grow and love orchids, but they always seemed incredibly hard to me. They seem a magic-plant that only experts can manage.

Are there easy orchids that are easier to try out?

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
Hi Lisa, Truthfully, I'm finding the Phals, Cattleyas and Dendrobiums (three of the most common found at the big box stores) are all very easy to grow. Sometimes you just get a dud though, ya know? I have two Phals (moth orchids) that just aren't pulling through too well, but all the others (even the half-dead, super-sale ones) are thriving. Don't be afraid to give them a shot. They are all beautiful, and very fulfilling to grow. Especially during bloom time! Jump in with both feet; don't be scared :) You'll be glad you did.

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
I've had the same two orchid plants for almost 20 years now (WOW! I just now figured that out!). They are not doing well. One of them has never flowered. The other flowers maybe every other year in around January/February. No flower stems coming up this year.

They look ratty. I'm thinking of just tossing them out. But then I look at them, they still have 4 leaves, the leaves are green, and therefore they must be alive. I can't just toss them. I don't know what kind they are but they look similar to the ones you can find in the flower section of most stores.

Moderated by  Anu D - Orchids 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.