okay, here are some of my most useful IMO tips -
1. Cancel the cable bill and watch everything on Hulu.com (free) or Netflicks.com (subscription based).
2. Don't drive to places that are within a reasonable walk. If you must drive, combine your errands. Or order things online and skip driving for errands totally.
3.Collect your rainwater for garden/yard use, and to use in emergencies.
4. Compost your food and yard wastes for free mulch!
5. Buy clothes, linens and housewares at thrift stores - never buy new if you don't have to.
6. Create a price book and stock up on food items when the loss leader sales (or excellent coupons) come around.
7. Before you buy, always ask yourself if you need that thing. If yes, see if you can find it cheaper somewhere. There are actually apps for that.
8. Don't bother with a landline phone - a simple cell phone is more useful. Or just use Skype for free.
9. Wear sunscreen.
No, really. It's cheaper than skin cancer.
10. Don't be ashamed to ask for financial help from the government if you need it.
Okay that's ten things.