#692136 06/01/11 11:37 PM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
D
My series on the Excedrin and Tylenol murders are complete.

Excedrin part 1

Excedrin part 2

Tylenol part 1

Tylenol part 2

Amazing how someone can kill so indiscriminately. Anyone could have gotten ahold of the tainted pills...maybe even someone the killer knew and loved. But in the Nickell case, she didn't seem to care as long as she got the extra insurance and the Tylenol killer apparently had no connection to any of his/her victims.

Thoughts on Nickell's innocence? The reward her daughter stood to gain was quite large and certainly could prompt some people to lie. But I just can't get past her having TWO out of only FIVE poisoned bottles in her home, especially since she said she bought them at different stores. She'd have to have the worst luck ever for that to truly happen.

The Unabomber as Tylenol killer...maybe. Mail bombs and tainted pills both kill from a distance, without dirtying the killer's hands or placing him at the murder scene. It would fit, even the change in M.O. could be explained by improved product packaging. But the first bombs came before the Tylenol killings, so why would he change then? It's an interesting theory, but one that I don't quite believe.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Donna:

This is one of the reasons I eat at home(lol). You just never know with folks that bring stuff to the office share for example. And forget Halloween candy, my now 24 year old daughter NEVER did the "neighborhood" - we always went to our church or local police or fire station. And always check stuff at the store. Take the time to open the top and look carefully to see if the "safety" measures are still in place. My boyfriend and daughter think I am being paranoid, but I am not going to be a "willing" victim...

Originally Posted By: DonnaCrimeEditor
My series on the Excedrin and Tylenol murders are complete.

Excedrin part 1

Excedrin part 2

Tylenol part 1

Tylenol part 2

Amazing how someone can kill so indiscriminately. Anyone could have gotten ahold of the tainted pills...maybe even someone the killer knew and loved. But in the Nickell case, she didn't seem to care as long as she got the extra insurance and the Tylenol killer apparently had no connection to any of his/her victims.

Thoughts on Nickell's innocence? The reward her daughter stood to gain was quite large and certainly could prompt some people to lie. But I just can't get past her having TWO out of only FIVE poisoned bottles in her home, especially since she said she bought them at different stores. She'd have to have the worst luck ever for that to truly happen.

The Unabomber as Tylenol killer...maybe. Mail bombs and tainted pills both kill from a distance, without dirtying the killer's hands or placing him at the murder scene. It would fit, even the change in M.O. could be explained by improved product packaging. But the first bombs came before the Tylenol killings, so why would he change then? It's an interesting theory, but one that I don't quite believe.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
D
Yeah, I always check stuff at the store, too. We do Halloween in the neighborhood, but I always check it very carefully.

As for potlucks...my main concern with those was the hygiene of some of my coworkers, sad to say. Yuck!

Moderated by  Vance - Crime Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.