Print Thread
#681648 04/26/11 11:01 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Please enjoy the article: Making Peace With Our Hair

Did you know that...

Celebrity hairstylists often recommend:

Exfoliating shampoo � They say hair needs it, just like skin, because product buildup needs to be removed. This shampoo should be used to treat damage, and to infuse hair with vitamins. After an exfoliating treatment, all other hair products are said to work better and hair should have more vitality.

Some hair exfoliators are said to treat dandruff and eliminate flaking. Others claim to 'sweep' the scalp and free hair follicles, allowing them and the scalp to absorb more nutrients. Just type 'exfoliant shampoo' into your browser and check it out!

Frizz fighters help to keep hair from swelling in humidity. Some contain silicone which helps to smooth and shine. See a host of them under hair at Sephora online.

Did you know that...

Oprah�s stylist Andre Walker�s slogan is make peace with your hair. I speak the truth when I tell you that I saw this after I�d written my hair/peace article. However, for online advice, �visit� him.

Last edited by AprilAlisaMarquette; 04/27/11 12:02 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
I need the frizz control really badly - it seems that no matter what I do, I get an afro the minute I step out the door. And LOL, I am suppose to have a relaxer in it. Great subject smile
Originally Posted By: AprilAlisaMarquette
Please enjoy the article: Making Peace With Our Hair

Did you know that...

Celebrity hairstylists often recommend:

Exfoliating shampoo � They say hair needs it, just like skin, because product buildup needs to be removed. This shampoo should be used to treat damage, and to infuse hair with vitamins. After an exfoliating treatment, all other hair products are said to work better and hair should have more vitality.

Some hair exfoliators are said to treat dandruff and eliminate flaking. Others claim to 'sweep' the scalp and free hair follicles, allowing them and the scalp to absorb more nutrients. Just type 'exfoliant shampoo' into your browser and check it out!

Frizz fighters help to keep hair from swelling in humidity. Some contain silicone which helps to smooth and shine. See a host of them under hair at Sephora online.

Did you know that...

Oprah�s stylist Andre Walker�s slogan is make peace with your hair. I speak the truth when I tell you that I saw this after I�d written my hair/peace article. However, for online advice, �visit� him.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hey April,

I really like your article! It makes you embrace what ever style of hair you have. I thank you for making us all feel like the hair we have should be embraced and appreciated. Thanks for sharing!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Tuculia,

Thanks for stopping by! We love to hear from you smile

S
S
Beauty Products Blog
One of the main causes for extensions to become dull looking is that they have not been provided with the level of moisture they need. Our natural hair receives moisture from the roots of our hair, but lace wigs are applied below the roots. As a result, lace wigs can become dry and brittle. For this reason, it is important to clean your hair with a moisturizing shampoo and condition your hair from root to tip on a regular basis. This will help to keep the hair supple and will also provide it with a certain level of protection from heated appliances and other damaging factors such as indoor heat, outdoor pollution and the elements.

Another reason for hair becoming dull or unattractive isthatthey become cut or completely removed. When washing your hair, it is important to keep the bonds separate from one another and refrain from rubbing the hair dry. Never go to bed with wet hair either, for this can causes the hair to tangle. If you go to sleep, it is beneficial to tie your hair in a loose ponytail before bed and always brush with a soft bristle brush.

Only in this way you can ensure your hair remains long, thick and gorgeous-no matter what style you may be look to wear this week!

Last edited by AprilAlisaMarquette; 05/25/11 10:44 AM.
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Angela, so nice to see you. Lady you made me laugh! smile Thanks for that. Serums with silicone sometimes help me to tone down the frizz.

Thanks for stopping by!

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Hi Super,

Great info, thanks for sharing!

Moderated by  Juliette - Ethnic Beauty 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.