Money
News & Politics
Relationships
Religion & Spirituality
Sports
Travel & Culture
TV & Movies
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Newest Members
KeithB18, Bella Marie, Glady, rani singh, Alycia cullern
57339 Registered Users
Forum Stats
57340 Members
417 Forums
113325 Topics
804650 Posts

Max Online: 537 @ 07/02/12 11:21 AM
Top Posters (30 Days)
"Rosie" 870
Beetlemess 454
Connie - ADD/Sandwiches 323
Jana - Creativity Editor 316
Dorcy 64
Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames 60
Sandra Investing/HFinance 60
Susan - Meditation Editor 46
Mona - Astronomy 46
Dianne W - Editor 40
Ad Income Supports Charity
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#689267 - 05/21/11 11:05 PM Chihuly Art Glass
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Loc: NH, USA
What does everyone think about the extraordinary art glass by Dale Chihuly?

He has an exhibit going on now at the MFA in Boston.

Edited by Art Appreciation (05/21/11 11:05 PM)

Add Chihuly Art Glass to Twitter Add Chihuly Art Glass to Facebook Add Chihuly Art Glass to MySpace Add Chihuly Art Glass to Del.icio.us Digg Chihuly Art Glass Add Chihuly Art Glass to Yahoo My Web Add Chihuly Art Glass to Google Bookmarks Add Chihuly Art Glass to Stumbleupon Add Chihuly Art Glass to Reddit
#689274 - 05/22/11 12:05 AM Re: Chihuly Art Glass [Re: Art Appreciation]
ExerciseEditor Offline
Elephant

I was in Washington last May and saw some of his work at the museum of glass in Tacoma. It was beautiful!

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Twitter Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Facebook Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to MySpace Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Chihuly Art Glass Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Stumbleupon Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Reddit
#689379 - 05/22/11 02:03 PM Re: Chihuly Art Glass [Re: Art Appreciation]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

Monica, thanks for sharing the info.

The designs and colors Chihuly uses are simply fantastic!

Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Twitter Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Facebook Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to MySpace Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Del.icio.us Digg Re: Chihuly Art Glass Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Yahoo My Web Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Google Bookmarks Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Stumbleupon Add Re: Chihuly Art Glass to Reddit
#698719 - 06/29/11 07:50 AM Re: Chihuly Art Glass [Re: Art Appreciation]
Sukkie Offline

I really love his works!

#698952 - 06/29/11 09:40 PM Re: Chihuly Art Glass [Re: Sukkie]
Claybird Offline
Parakeet

Loc: Indiana
Chihuly had an outdoor exhibit last summer at the Meijer botanical gardens in Grand Rapids, MI. I made the drive and spent the day wandering through the gardens and marvelling at the amazing glass art. There were dozens of pieces, some were 30 ft. tall and all were integrated into the landscapes. Some floated on the ponds, others grew out of shrubbery. they were all fantastic. I wish I could post the photos I took for you all to enjoy but you can see similar works on his web site, Chihuly.com.

Edited by Claybird (06/29/11 09:51 PM)

#698958 - 06/29/11 11:04 PM Re: Chihuly Art Glass [Re: Claybird]
Mona - Astronomy Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Koala

Loc: United Kingdom
What fun! Several years ago he had a big exhibtion at the Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew. The sculptures were in amongst the flowers in some of the greenhouses, above the main gain and in this picture taken by Andrew McRobb, in boats on the lake in front of Kew's famous Palm House.

http://www.bellaonline.com/newsletter/astronomy

#700313 - 07/06/11 12:40 PM Re: Chihuly Art Glass [Re: Art Appreciation]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

This is a photo of the room at the MFA Boston with Chihuly glass in the ceiling. What a site!

#725239 - 11/13/11 03:38 AM Re: Chihuly Art Glass [Re: Art Appreciation]
Michele G. Desmoulins Offline
BellaOnline Editor

Loc: East Coast
This guy is awesome. I saw a segment on PBS, I think, about Chihuly. They said the larger pieces he does take an entire installation crew to put together and that all of his works are one of a kind. I think they're spectacular.

Edited by Michele G. Desmoulins (11/13/11 03:39 AM)

#833747 - 08/14/13 11:25 AM Re: Chihuly Art Glass [Re: Art Appreciation]
goobie Offline

I am actually fairly sure that I saw the exact same exhibit at the Oklahoma City Art Museum in 2008 or 09! It was stunning. There was another room that this area led into and it made me feel like Alice in Wonderland. Very awesome.

#833955 - 08/15/13 07:17 PM Re: Chihuly Art Glass [Re: Art Appreciation]
Art Appreciation Offline

BellaOnline Editor
Shark

I'm sure you're right, Chihuly's work would be that memorable!

I love how it made you feel - like Alice in Wonderland.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Art Appreciation 

Want to reply? Register as a Forum Member - it's quick, free and fun!
Brand New Posts
Daily World Peace Group Meditation
by Susan - Meditation Editor
Meditation
Replace one word (Music Titles)
by Beetlemess
Comedy Movies
12:52 PM
Shopping at Costco Game
by Beetlemess
Sandwiches
12:48 PM
First Letter-Last Letter
by Beetlemess
Attention Deficit Disorder
12:43 PM
Music ABC game
by Beetlemess
Pop Music
12:42 PM
Word From Last Letter Game
by Beetlemess
Contests & Sweepstakes
12:07 PM
Shopping at Walmart Game
by Beetlemess
Home Finance
12:06 PM
Cosmic Halloween Tour . . . If you dare
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
07:48 AM
Ogden garden verse game
by xmeecosmic
Container Gardening
07:25 AM
Star-gazing – Seeing in Dim Light *new*
by Mona - Astronomy
Astronomy
06:05 AM
Register to Post!
Want to post? For security reasons you need to Register as a Forum Member. It's quick, easy and free!
Forum Activities
Book Clubs
Trivia Contests
Who's Online
0 registered (), 54 Guests and 4 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Ad Income Supports Charity

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2014 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.