Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Feel free to post announcements for Support Group Meetings in March and April, 2011 under this thread.

Jori Reijonen, Ph.D.
Neuromuscular Diseases
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
What: Southwest Michigan CMT Support Group Meeting

Where: gracespring Bible Church (formerly Richland Bible Church), Room 302, 8643 Gull Rd., Richland, Michigan 49083

When: Thursday, March 17, 2011, 6:00 - 8:00 p.m.

Presentation Topic: Open Discussion

Future Meetings: Meetings will be held on the third Thursday of every other month (January, March, May, July, September, November) from 6:00 to 8:00 p.m.at Richland Bible Church in Room 302.

At our May meeting, Heidi Wakely, Registered Dietician and nutrition counselor, will discuss healthy nutrition and CMT,

For More Information: Please contact Jori Reijonen (group facilitator) at through this message board.

This group is associated with the CMTA and MDA.

Jori Reijonen, Ph.D.
Neuromuscular Diseases
Upstate NY Charcot-Marie-Tooth disease Support Group April Meeting When: April 23, 2011 from 1:30 pm to 3:30 pm Where: Pine Hills Albany Library 517 Western Ave. Albany, NY Speakers: Rebecca S. Zohn, CDPAP Upstate Director, Concepts of Independent Choices, Inc. 845 Central Avenue South 3 Albany, New York 12206 Karl F. Francis, Advocate, Peer Counselor, Clinical Social Worker Capital District Center for Independence, Inc. 845 Central Avenue South 3 Albany, New York 12206 Presentation Topic: Possible avenues one may travel once the individual or someone they know is or will become disabled and in need of assistance at home or with daily living. Concepts of Independence Choices, Inc. mission is committed to educating, supporting and providing consumer oriented services that enable individuals with disabilities to live at home with independence and autonomy. At Concepts of Independent Choices, independence is both a right and a responsibility. www.coicny.org Concepts of Independence, the Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program, is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization, whose purpose is to administer Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Program (CDPAP) services in the New York. Capital District Center for Independence, Inc. mission is a community organization which advocates to achieve respect, justice, and full participation for and with people with disabilities, so they can pursue their dreams and goals. www.cdciweb.com Sponsored by the CMTA

Upstate NY CMT support group meeting June 18 Saturday 10:30 to 12:30 East Greenbush Community Library 10 Community Way East Greenbush, NY 12061-3918 Find out how gentle yoga and therapeutic massage can improve your flexibility and sense of well-being. Participants will be instructed in introductory yoga stretches as part of the presentation, so please wear comfortable clothing, suitable for movement. Mary Sloan is a New York State licensed and nationally certified massage therapist, as well as a certified yoga instructor and yoga therapist. She has more than 16 years experience in the health and wellness field, and has specialized bodywork training in myofascial release, craniosacral therapy and thai foot massage. She brings an intuitive approach to her massage practice, drawing on her knowledge of yoga, anatomy, and energy work to provide clients with a customized massage. Mary teaches Gentle and Yin Yoga classes in Albany, and is known for her soothing and meditative style of instruction. She welcomes people of all ages and levels of physical fitness to her classes. Contact Melinda Lang cmtny1@gmail.com

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I wish I could be there, Melinda. What a great meeting topic!

Jori Reijonen, Ph.D.
Neuromuscular Diseases
Hi Jori, Hopefully she'll have hand outs and I'll pass on the info. You're doing a wonderful job, very informative, helpful posts! I just read your newest post about ignoring your limitations or in my case trying to pretend there is nothing wrong with me. Gets me in trouble every time. Melinda L.

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Thanks, Melinda! I always appreciate your kind comments and support.

We did have a great meeting, and a couple of new members, as well. Our speaker did have some handouts. If you would like me to send you copies, please send me your address to my private email and I'll pop them into the mail for you.

As for respecting my limitations, this weekend will be a test for me. My husband and I agreed to cater a graduation banquet at our church for more than 100 people tomorrow evening! This is the type of situation that tends to get me into trouble.

Jori Reijonen, Ph.D.
Neuromuscular Diseases

Moderated by  Jori-ND Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.