logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I run surveys at my other site all the time to see what people want and need and sometimes I get some really misguided workout requests that just blow my mind and make me want to go on a rant.

The request was more Kettlebell Workouts and more bosu workouts? My answer is why?

If you're that into KB you must know that most women don't like KB workouts that much and all my sites cater primarily to women. There's also a limited number of movement patterns with KB (or with exercise in general) and once you figure them out you can invent your own exercises. Doesn't take a genius to do that. It's natural progression.

As far as bosu goes, it's great for a few things but Dyna Discs are much more practical, a fraction of the cost, take up a lot less space and weigh less too. The bosu is the least used piece of equipment in any gym. Just ask any good trainer.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
I can't say I've ever intentionally exercised as in aerobics, gym stuff, weights or the like. Volunteering as a trainer at Star Riding Academy is plenty of exercise for me. Not to mention, working as the NH interviewer, trainer and fosterer for the rescue organization, For the Love of Dog New England Rescue, keeps me very busy! As if that's not enough, I have 2 active terrier mixes and 2 cats that aren't keen on letting me sleep in, even on weekends, lol!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Your job sounds fun.

I worked in a gym 12 hours a day for many years. Now I work in a gym just 2 hours a week and it still amazes me that the only exercise some people get is the exercise they pay me to make them do 2-3 times a week (30 min. session).

People literally do nothing all day but sit and then wonder why diets, or the 2 weekly 30 min. workouts, or the easy little workouts they do every day don't work to keep them lean, fit, and healthy.

Our bodies were designed to move a lot! They were designed for hard work and labor and especially outdoor activities. I live to hike but since I can't do it daily I exercise at home daily sometimes for 20 min. sometimes for 90 min. Some days hard other days not so hard all to counteract the 6 hours I spend in front of a computer writing (to convince people to get off their butts).

If there were more people like you in the world I would be out of a job!

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Lol - I have 2 friends who cannot believe I try to workout everyday. I've tried to explain to them I don't do the same workout/intensity/time everyday. All they want to hear is that I use some easy formula (i.e. 30 minutes/3 times a week). In addition, they're both sticking to the "cardio is king" mentality. One more thing...they both still use food as their after workout "treat" (carbs, processed foods, or sweets). As a result, they've both been complaining of weight creep & softness around their middle as they get closer to their 40th b-days & chalk it up to "getting older."

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.