#687825 05/18/11 11:19 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
L
Hello, your friendly spinning editor here to let you know, there is a new article on the spinning site today! With all of the wool flying off the sheep this time of year, let's get it ready to spin! Skirting Wool

Last edited by Laun-spinning editor; 05/18/11 11:25 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Hello Laun,
Thanks for posting that helpful article. I wish I'd known some of that before I washed my first fleece years ago. The Paula Simmons book I had read wasn't as informative as it might have been on the topic, thus I had to learn the hard way about burrs & such.

I've been a member here on Bella over 4 years now, but as I just posted in a knitting group, I don't understand really how the posting process & all works. I'd like to learn though, & become more active in the wonderful groups here.

Anyway, since I don't understand how everything works, could you perhaps still direct me to any articles you've posted about how you wash your wool? I saw a video years ago in which a woman washed tiny bits of wool encased in bits of net fabric. That seems a bit tedious to me, so I was interested when you mentioned your dishpans.

Thanks!
Rita

rpcorinth #688108 05/19/11 06:26 PM
L
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
L
Hello Rita,
I'm working on the washing article now, and hope to have it posted in the next day or two. I'm so glad the skirting article was helpful to you.

I'm still pretty new to the forum myself, but for the most part I have found it to be pretty straightforward. I would be happy to help you with any questions you might have, either through this comment thread, or through the contact button at the bottom of the spinning page.

Take care!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.