logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Do family members, friends or acquaintances act weird when you mention that you home school your kids? My son mentioned this might be happening next year to grandma so when I last saw her she asked about it and made this weird face.

I didn't feel like getting into it with her so I said it's an option we're considering and left it at that but it's most likely going to happen so how do you deal with people being all judgy about your choice especially those who are very traditional about everything?

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 05/13/11 12:27 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Great question, Monica! I am curious to hear from others as to their experience....

As for me, I have been blessed to have a fantastic response from everyone, friends and family. Noone seems weirded out, so to speak! smile We are in FL, and truthfully many of the schools here are not up to standards. As a former teacher I know this firsthand. My family seems thrilled that I am homeschooling and giving Nick an awesome education. I am lucky.

AlissaMoy
BellaOnline
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
This is such a difficult decision for me for so many reasons but the alternative is to send him to his assigned school or try to force our way into a better school and it's just not looking good at this point.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

M
Shark
Shark
M
This is such a great question! It is quite interesting to me that some people have awkward responses to the thought of homeschooling. Values and education are mainly learned at home, whether during or after school hours. And social skills can be learned in fabulous homeschooling groups and networks - often better than the oversized, overstuffed public schools of today.

Perhaps, like other things in life, it is because those people don't know enough about it. It does help for sure when those around you are supportive as I surely am for my family's choice to homeschool.

In the end though, it is not other people, whether it be other family members or neighbors, who are responsible for or know what is best for your child. Whether it is the toys you choose for your child, the food you cook for your child or the education you provide for your child, feel confident in whatever decision you make because you know your child best.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.