logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
What makes your life joyful, deep, and meaningful?

I'm looking for ways to broaden my life, make it better. My husband and I don't have kids....do kids make life meaningful? Volunteer work? Paid work? What makes you happy, and glad to get up in the morning?

Blessings,
Laurie

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
I have had to ask myself that after the death of my little boy and the impending demise of my daughter.

Learning, exploring my inner and outer world has been very helpful in this regard. Life is a grand and glorious experience, and I liken my life to strolling through a sunny meadow, gathering wildflowers of experiences to take back with me. Knowing that the good, the bad and the ugly all serve a purpose in expanding my awareness makes life meaningful to me, no matter what happens.

Knowing that we are given free will and creative power is exciting. Every day brings thrilling possibilities.

When I hear of people trying to find meaning and purpose in their lives, I always encourage them to add a spiritual component to their search. We are made of the mind, the body and the spirit and when you integrate all three into your life, you will experience deeper fulfillment.

People speak of doing what they were meant to do when they mean that they are doing what brings them great joy that comes from their heart. Do what you love. Love is what makes life meaningful and joyful...and it comes in many, many forms.

Last edited by Lori Chidori - Marriage; 05/16/11 12:27 PM.
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Wow, thank you Lori. I half-expected to hear mothers say that their children make life meaningful...but I didn't expect to hear from a mom who has coped with what you have.

If you don't mind, I'd like to write a blog post about making life meaningful, include your thoughts, and credit and link to you. Is that okay? I'll post the link here.

Blessings,
Laurie

Shark
OP Offline
Shark

Last edited by Laurie PK; 05/16/11 03:03 PM.
L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Wow, I am humbled, Laurie! Thank you for including my thoughts into your article. And it was a great article, by the way.

I love your three simple tips for adding meaning to your life and I am applying all three. After focusing on me and my family's welfare for so long, I'm finally branching out into the community through volunteerism. I'm undergoing training to be a crisis hotline volunteer counselor!

You're right! It does add more meaning to my life! Thank you! smile

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J

Hi Laurie, in your article above you said "...now that I�m halfway to death (I�m 41)...� That made me smile.

You may be interested to know that stats now suggest that, because of better medicine, food, etc., people in their 40s are expected to live to over 100 years of age. So you�re only about a third of the way through! (JOY)

Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Originally Posted By: Lori Chidori - Marriage
Love is what makes life meaningful and joyful...and it comes in many, many forms.

This is so true. I have great love for so many people, including friends like Lori, and that gives a lot of meaning to my life. Love can bring people from near and far together in spirit.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Phyllis-Folk/Myth
...I have great love for so many people, including friends like Lori, and that gives a lot of meaning to my life...

Hi Phyllis, I agree! And love has some powerful effects on the human body. (See - How Love Affects You)

Shark
Shark
Laurie, you're a wonderful writer and it's heartening to see so many inspiring stories from all the women on here! For many years, the fostering, training, rescuing and adopting of animals is my staple in life. My grandmother told me a long time ago, "When you are sad, bring joy to others. As you help other living creatures to find happiness, they will share it with you." Finding joy in volunteering my time or watching a sunset while my 2 dogs cuddle me on each side, is an endless blessing.

Originally Posted By: JOY ( Self Development )
Originally Posted By: Phyllis-Folk/Myth
...I have great love for so many people, including friends like Lori, and that gives a lot of meaning to my life...

Hi Phyllis, I agree! And love has some powerful effects on the human body. (See - How Love Affects You)

Wonderful article, Joy. Yes, love is powerful. Thank you.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Originally Posted By: great_grandaughter
Laurie, you're a wonderful writer and it's heartening to see so many inspiring stories from all the women on here! For many years, the fostering, training, rescuing and adopting of animals is my staple in life. My grandmother told me a long time ago, "When you are sad, bring joy to others. As you help other living creatures to find happiness, they will share it with you." Finding joy in volunteering my time or watching a sunset while my 2 dogs cuddle me on each side, is an endless blessing.

Your grandmother was a very wise woman. When you give joy you receive back so much. Your volunteer work must be very rewarding.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Shark
Shark
Very much so Phyllis! I miss my grandmother Flora very very much. Thankfully she will always live on in our family's memories. No matter how shy people made me, animals opened the door to my soul. Horses, birds, dogs, cats, you name it! When Lucy the rescued Saddlebred horse worked to overcome her shyness, I was so proud! When CJ the aggressive golden retriever gentled himself, I burst with happiness! When the feral cat who was terrified of ALL living things, gave me the 'I trust you blink,' she stole my heart and told me her name was Mineux! She's a great lap warmer as I type this...

That is so wonderful. The animal kingdom has so much love and joy to give us if we only open our hearts to them.

I love the name Flora. It is good to have such loving memories of grandparents. My grandmother, Eva Mae, was a very gentle and loving woman. She always wore lovely dresses (she called them house coats) and they had the fragrance of lavender. That is why lavender brings so much joy and meaning into my life.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Shark
Shark
Thank you Phyllis! My grandmother would be pleased. Eva--such a lovely name!! It's an amazing gift to have the loving memories of your grandmother paired with the gentle scent of lavender. May your sweet memories always bring you joy!

Jellyfish
Jellyfish
God first. Family second. Occupation third. Friends fourth. Reason 1 is God is why I exist. Reason 2 my family cares more about me than anyone. Reason 3 I can not help others if I have no income. Reason 4 I need people to help me serve God.

Sexy Lingerie
Love waits for one thing, the right moment.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.