logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Was finally able to intermittent fast yesterday and felt great. Went for a 10 min. walk and did 10 min. of mobility plus 30 min. of yoga mid afternoon to suppress appetite.

Went in to train and client and was feeling so good that I did another 30 min. of advanced yoga in the pilates studio after my client left.

Planning to intermittent fast again next Tuesday.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I've been on the carb lovers diet for a few weeks now so it's been a while since I've done an intermittent fast but I'm getting ready to do one this Sunday. I think it's a good way to stay on track with portion control and stay real about how much food my body really needs all the time. This year I'll be combining carb lovers, intermittent fasting and a couple of cycles of carb cycling. This will be a fun experiment for me and one that I think my body is going to respond to really well.

Do you have your healthy eating plan set for the year? How about for the next 3 months? I'm taking a course in nutrition periodization this year for my certification so I'll be writing more about how to maximize your eating for fitness, fatloss, and health.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Did not do my intermittent fast as planned. Have been working out hard AND trying to get over a cold so felt that eating healthy was in my best interest. If I'm fully over my cold by Friday I will probably fast this weekend.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Was finally able to intermittent fast this past weekend. Started Saturday at 7:30 p.m. through Sunday 6:45 p.m. Only had a few cups of coffee and lots of water. Felt pretty awesome all day and was also able to workout for an hour.

Worked out right before dinner and that worked out really well this time. Fasting again this Friday or Saturday.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Had a great intermittent fast yesterday. I was not hungry all day which is kind of strange. I usually get at least a tiny bit hungry around mid afternoon. Finally started getting hungry around 6:30 p.m. so I worked out for 40 min. then stretched a bit to kill another hour.

Interval training (especially the kind that involves any type of squat jumps or mountain climbers) always kills my appetite so the little appetite I had just vanished after my workout but I had a small dinner anyway.

I drank coffee and lots of water yesterday but ate nothing between 7:30 p.m. Tues. evening and 7:30 p.m. Wed. evening. I had not fasted since my last post bcz of weird ear issue I was having but that finally cleared up yesterday so my goal is to get back to one intermittent fast per week for the next 2 months then switch things up again after that.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Forgot to eat carbs with dinner last night so woke up feeling hungry but still not sure whether I'm intermittent fasting today or not.

Had my usual two cups of coffee this morning and not hungry anymore (this is pretty normal for me). If I have no desire to eat before 1 p.m. then I'll probably be able to hold out until 7 p.m. without food.

I'm doing yoga plus an interval workout today so that should keep my appetite fairly supressed as well. I'll post an update tomorrow.

Dinner last night was 4 oz salmon and spinach, tomato, broccoli salad with homemade mustard dressing around 7:30 p.m.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Yesterday's Intermittent Fast was a success! I didn't get hungry until 4:30 and even then I wasn't that hungry so I just took some pics for an ebook I'm working on then worked out and didn't have dinner until 7:30.

We made pasta with lemon chicken, artichoke hearts, zucchini, onion, garlic, tomato sauce. Had a small serving of that and some raw spinach with tomato slices (no dressing). Plus 2 glasses of wine and a small piece of chocolate cake to celebrate Valentine's day. It was a heavy dinner after a fast which is something I don't usually do but I kept the portions very small so I'm feeling really good today.

Here's one of my pics from yesterday so you can see what a combination of carb cycling, intermittent fasting, and carb lovers plus daily workouts can do for your body.

My stats in this pic are:
118 lb
19% bodyfat
27.5" waist
36.5" hips

I'm pretty happy with this but would like to drop about another 1-2% bodyfat if that's possible to do without changing my carb intake at all. I'm hoping I can do it just with one intermittent fast per week like I did last year. We'll see what happens.

The weight I'm pressing overhead is only 15 lb. I used to be able to press more but I have found that working at a faster pace with moderately heavy weight actually gets better fat loss results than lifting hardcore weight at a slower pace.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 02/23/12 12:33 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I just found a new workout top that I love! It says Shut Up & Eat Your Carbs. I'm tempted to buy it and film some workout videos in it laugh

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
It's intermittent fasting day! I'm so ready for a fast today. I'm not hungry, have a lot of work and errands to keep me busy and doing my functional training circuit plus a metabolic conditioning fatloss workout (pic below) and 20 min. of yoga too.

Yesterday I was feeling super sore from the two circuit workouts I did on Fri. and Sat. plus an hour of walking and a burlesque dance class I took Sunday so I only did mobility and stretching. Today I'm ready to workout with intensity again.

Don't mean to brag (yeah right) but my body and butt is looking good lately! Thanks to more healthy carbs and Intermittent Fasting I finally feel I have a body that's super healthy, fit to do what I love, and that looks good too. Nothing wrong with working out for multiple goals.

Tired of hard workouts and diets that don't get results? Introduce healthy carbs and some I.F. into your plan for better results. Get started with Carb Cycling first.

Carb lovers and intermittent fasting articles coming later this week.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 02/21/12 08:18 PM.

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Had a great fast yesterday! My fast ended about 7:15 with a different version of the Aussie burger my boyfriend usually makes. It was buffalo meat, tomatoes pickles, 1 egg, plus a little bit of mayo, mustard, and spicy ketchup and a handful of baked fries. Also had a piece of dark chocolate for dessert and 20 oz of homemade iced tea. BTW, we never use sweetener in our tea. We like it plain plus already get enough sugar from other foods.

My workout yesterday was also amazing. Did 10 min. of mobility followed by 20 min. of functional circuits followed by 20 min. lower body circuit (instead of metabolic circuit) then stretched for 10 min. After dinner we felt like going for a walk so we walked to the park and back for 25 min. or so then I stretched a bit more. Feeling great today!

Page 3 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.