Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I just had to take my weekly test for my "managing in a diverse and changing world" class. I get so stressed by these! My hands are shaking, my heart is thumping.

I've tried making sure the room is quiet, I have a full glass of water to drink, I have a pad of paper and pen right next to me (I write down each answer as I go in case of browser crash).

I think maybe I'm getting a tiny bit better each time but I still am feeling very stressed.

Any other suggestions besides long, deep breathing? smile

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
I have always enjoyed test taking for some reason. Not like I would plan it out as a leisure activity, but i do find the test-talking process somewhat thrilling.

Since I am good at tests, I would have thought that accounted for it...but you are also good at tests, Lisa. So I have nothing productive to add.

...Maybe take some Rescue Remedy right beforehand (a wonderful herbal remedy I can't live without).

E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
I think the deep breathing you are doing is probably the most helpful thing to do. You could maybe add some visualization to that - either of you doing well and being relaxed during the test, or of a scene that you find really peaceful. I always like to see myself floating on an air mattress in the middle of a lake. smile I find it difficult to visualize myself feeling calm during a test but it works for some people.

I have read somewhere that eating some fruit and/or vegetables is helpful but I don't know anyone who has tried that to lessen their stress.
Hope you find something that works since you have to do a test every week.

Elizabeth Stuttard
Distance Learning
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks for the suggestions!

I will try herbal tea and mossy-forest visualization!

Low Carb Forum
Zebra
Zebra
Might help to analyze your fears. Why are you anxious & what's the worst that will happen if all your fears come true? In reality, you could handle whatever that was. You'd treat it as a learning experience & move one (whether that might be failing a test, disappointing youself, etc.)

And, any bookmaker would give 100 to 1 odds that none of those fears will ever cojme true (except the internet connection one). You are amazing on tests, one of the smartest people I know and you will still be if you let that stress go and relax!

Or chillax as they say around here. laugh

You could perhaps write yourself some affirmations/guided meditations on having anxiety-free testing experiences.

BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Deb -

You offer some great advice here. What are my fears.

That I will not maintain my A average. I have dreams now of graduating with an all-A grade streak and get the highest honors. So every test is an opportunity to fail at that.

Low Carb Forum

Moderated by  Patricia PN - DL Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.