Next Thread
Print Thread
#684739 05/07/11 07:25 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
When the world looks at you, Christian, what do they see? Do they see someone who has received His grace? Do you look like a Christian?

Christians Look Like This

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
When I first saw the title of your article, it reminded me of something that happened many years ago. I was friends with a young lady who had recently joined a very strict Church of Christ here in Beattyville. She always wore dresses, never pants. She didn't wear make-up anymore, not would she cut her hair short. She asked me if people saw the 2 of us walking down the street side by side, her in her dress with her long hair and no make-up and me in my blue jeans wearing make-up (I had long hair), which one of us would they think was the Christian? Even back then, I knew that God does not look upon our outward appearance, but looks at the heart. I tried to show her this, but she just couldn't accept it.

A few years later, her husband, the one who had got her into this Church of Christ, left her for another man. She remarried a few years later and her current husband is now in jail.

I'm not sure why I told you all of that, but when other people see us, they don't judge whether or not we are Christians by the way we dress, but by the way we act. Whether the situation is good or bad, we should handle it so that Christ shows through our actions. It is always my desire to show childlike faith, joy, courage, and delight in my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

Thank you for such a wonderful article, Lynne.

Lisa Binion
Fiction Writing

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thank you for sharing that story Lisa.
Jesus wants our hearts. It is so much like us, as human beings, to try to make the outside look like what we think God wants.

B
B
after reading your thread, it makes me asked myself am i really living the way God want me to live. Does the light of God is truly shining upon me? thank you for making me meditate and evaluate myself if am i giving back the glory to our God through my way of living

BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
Thank you for stopping in. Come back soon. smile

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.