logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#684013 05/05/11 04:53 AM
Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Has anybody written a family history? I read about a woman in MORE magazine who does this for a living. What would be the best way to get started with writing your own family history?

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Hi Monica,

Wonderful topic thank you!

I have written family histories. I will have a whole subject on how to do this on my site soon.

Being the new editor here at the Nonfiction Writing site I am organizing all the topics I am receiving requests for first.

Family history writing is fun and a wonderful thing to do for your family.

I will reply to this topic once my articles begin on this subject.

Have an awesome weekend,

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I look forward to reading this topic. I have been working on writing as much as I can remember about my family stories and my memories. Alzheimer's runs in my family and, while I don't have it now, who knows? My children will lose what I don't write, since most of my aunts, uncles and all grandparents are gone. So far my writings are hand written on legal pads with no particular organization, just a memory comes to me and I write all I can remember about it on that day.

B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
That is an excellent way to get the memories down on paper. Just keep writing them out on your pads for now.

As soon as I have the first articles up on this subject I will post here : - )

Great Job!

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
Awesome Lisa. I can't wait to read your tips for this. My mom was telling me this amazing story about my paternal great grandparents and how when the Mexican revolution was getting ugly, anybody thought to be working with the government was killed.

Both my great grandparents were working for the govt. in Mexico so they were scared and jumped on a train dressed as peasants and escaped to the state of Sinaloa where they raised my grandfather and his brother. I don't know how accurate this story is but it would be great to write more of this down.

B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
Hi Monica,

I'm not Lisa : - )

I'm Bluedolphin Crow the new Nonfiction Writing Editor. This is my site forum... I know it's hard to keep us all straight : -)

And yes, that is my real name : - )

It will be about 2 weeks or so before this content starts to show up. I like that story of your family though. Keep at it!

I look forward to hearing more of your family stories as you get them written down.

Have an awesome week,

Bluedolphin

Elephant
OP Offline
Elephant
I'm so sorry. I was thinking of Lisa B of Fiction Writing plus 10 other Lisa's running around here too. You guys are both very helpful and nice, so honest mistake but I should have looked at your sig. I'm a complete doofus. I just read your bio and see you are a business coach too?

B
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
B
You are fine Monica : - ) No worries!

Yes I am starting my Nonfiction writing coaching business as I get this site going as well.

I was ill for a number of years and could not work. Now all the work I did while I was sick and all I learned over the past almost 30 years in writing and Internet Marketing I'm being blessed to put together to help others!

Well I'm off to get back to work : - )

I will check back in here tomorrow.

Let me know if you have any other questions or topics you'd like to learn about. As soon as my coaching is up I will announce that in my newsletter here and also this forum.

Enjoy!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.