I read emails, forum posts, blog questions all the time from people who say they are exercising their butts off and not getting very good results. Our own Lisa just posted about how her man has been working out 2-3 hours a day at the gym since Aug. and has only lost 45 lb.

The truth is that 45 lb. since Aug. means Bob is averaging a .8 lb per week loss which is realistic and also healthy. If he hired me as his trainer the only thing I would question is what the heck is he doing at the gym for 3 hours a day!

Nobody needs to spend that kind of time at the gym to get those or better results, EVER (most fitness experts who are worth listening to write about this all the time).

But believe it or not this isn't another rant about people wasting time at the gym. Do what makes you happy as long as you are realistic about how much weight your body can lose per week.

Most women I've worked with average .5 lb loss per week. Most men average 1 lb per week. That is reality. If you don't like it you can always try these weight loss workout tips or start experimenting with carb cycling or calorie cycling or intermittent fasting or any diet that isn't your current diet.

If you want to get really serious and lose weight even faster? Try Metcon Workouts and a Metabolic Conditioning Diet. This works faster than anything but you have to be willing to try something totally new.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!