Next Thread
Print Thread
#683728 05/04/11 11:48 AM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

I don't know if this belongs in this site smile

I need some advice about keeping a closet in our extra room secured when the "brats" stop by to visit.

Now I have nothing against other folk's kids, but when mine was younger (only child, she is now 24) - I would not ALLOW her to be tearing up folk's stuff or being nosey and all up into their personal stuff.

So with this said, we are renting the duplex so I don't need to be adding any nails to the door.

Are there any "childproof" locks out there????

Help!!!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Gecko
Gecko
D
Hi Angela,
There's nothing wrong with asking this question here. smile Did you find a suitable solution?

It's hard to advise without knowing what kind of door your closet has. Is it a bifold? Does it have a regular door knob? If it's a regular doorknob, will your landlord allow you to switch it out for a knob with a lock?

I would search Amazon and see what childproof door locks they list. I found some here Door Locks for Baby. I like Amazon because it's a fast way for me to get customer reviews on products I'm considering. See if you can find the same thing locally if you don't want to go through them. Keep in mind that some of those plastic locks aren't as secure as they may appear.

If you don't need access to the closet while the kids are visiting, can you move a larger piece of furniture in front of the door? If they are frequent visitors then certainly this isn't going to be long term solution.

You might also ask in one of the Parenting sites here at BellaOnline for other ideas.

Good luck!

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Donna:

Thanks smile

It is a regular door knob and no our landlord will not allow us to switch it out.

LOL, moving a larger piece of furniture would just add more stress to my life - they would be climbing up and jumping off. I think with me making it very clear that I am not watching them when he falls asleep has spared me any long visits. He is a very good uncle, just 57 and on his feet all day - means well, but cannot stay awake (lol).

Talk later,

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
What about a wooden wedge that is wedged under the door? That would keep a 2-3 year old out, but not a pre teen.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
LOL, there are all ages involved in his family computer

I just came back from the site Donna referred me to and I see something that can be used at the top of the door without installation. I am going to see if I can find it locally as trying not to spend too much cash right now. But will if I cannot find it locally.

Thanks so much for the input Tina smile

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 05/06/11 02:08 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.