Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#682818 05/01/11 03:08 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Everyone:

I only put nail polish on my toe nails.

Why? So over my hand nails getting chipped by the time I get out the door (lol).

How do you handle this chipping?

Thanks,

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Angela,

The first thing you will want to do is make sure your nails are primed and ready. Clean your nails, use nail polish remover to remove all traces of old polish. Applying polish on old polish leads to messy nails.

You can apply the way I was taught-base coat, allow to completly dry, use one later of polish, allow to completely dry, repeat colored coat, allow to dry, and finish with a top coat. I don't recommend it. It takes a long time.

Revlon used to make a polish that I had great luck with -- Revlon Colorstay. The colors were beautiful and it stayed on; Revlon discontinued this polish so you can only find it on eBay frown

Sally Hansen has their Hard as Nails collection that has staying power. They also have a Hard as Nails topcoat that extends polish.

OPI does well for me if I use just one or two light coats--more than that it seems to chip.

Avon nail polish has been recommended as long lasting; I haven't tried this yet.

Essie is another great polish-just use a coat or a second light coat. Add a topcoat like Sally Hansen.

The key is to let it dry completely. I don't leave the house without nail polish and it drives me crazy when it chips too smile

Kim Ringler

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks Kim smile
Originally Posted By: Kim - Cosmetics
Angela,

The first thing you will want to do is make sure your nails are primed and ready. Clean your nails, use nail polish remover to remove all traces of old polish. Applying polish on old polish leads to messy nails.

You can apply the way I was taught-base coat, allow to completly dry, use one later of polish, allow to completely dry, repeat colored coat, allow to dry, and finish with a top coat. I don't recommend it. It takes a long time.

Revlon used to make a polish that I had great luck with -- Revlon Colorstay. The colors were beautiful and it stayed on; Revlon discontinued this polish so you can only find it on eBay frown

Sally Hansen has their Hard as Nails collection that has staying power. They also have a Hard as Nails topcoat that extends polish.

OPI does well for me if I use just one or two light coats--more than that it seems to chip.

Avon nail polish has been recommended as long lasting; I haven't tried this yet.

Essie is another great polish-just use a coat or a second light coat. Add a topcoat like Sally Hansen.

The key is to let it dry completely. I don't leave the house without nail polish and it drives me crazy when it chips too smile

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Anytime! If I am working and see part of my color chipped, it ruins my afternoon. I started carrying my polish in my purse, just in case.

Have a great day Angela! smile

Kim Ringler

L
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
L
Is there a nail polish that withstands doing dishes?!? Cleaning bathrooms?!?

Gosh, if only I could be a queen...or a diva...

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Lori-I wish!! I always wear those big fashionable yellow gloves, otherwise my color is chipped.

Maybe another reader has any suggestions? Or, Price Harry is still single!

Kim Ringler

M
M
I never leave my nail without nail polish. I used a branded nail polish..... Murano Glass

Last edited by marylouweisner; 05/04/11 06:47 AM.
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hey Kim & Lori - maybe we can develop one that does survive dishes (lol). And I am so serious about this. I use to use the gloves but found that my hands sweated, but may go back to using them. I have gotten to the point now that I wait until we have no dishes to use before I wash them. Of course he is not appreciating this and surprised me and washed them last night. Of course I rather he not as he is so in MY WAY while I am trying to fix dinner smile But I won't complain...

K
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
K
Angela and Lori,

I did more research and keep coming back to Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails . It has earned raves on several sites and high recommendations. They key is to ensure your nails are completely dry--no oils, lotions, wet polish, etc. Hard as Nails can be used as a base coat, top coat or by itself to strengthen nails. Just make sure your polish is dry before adding, and also make sure the topcoat is dry before you try to do a dish or any action that may smudge it. This should get you through washing dishes.There is also a Sally Hansen Hard as Nails line that is supposed to be long lasting; I haven't tried it yet so I can't vouch the anti-chipping claims.

Seche Vite, available at salons, is another polish that has plenty of buzz and high recommendations. It is also recommended by InStyle for its resistance to chipping!

Kim Ringler

P
P
Its a fact that branded nail polish stay for longer time compared to any other local nail polish brand.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.