Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
G
Zebra
Zebra
G
Rosie, as long as you don't yet have diabetes, you don't need to be as scared about the risks as you are. The loss of organs comes after they don't get enough oxygen for a long time, or don't get the 'waste' removed after a long time. (These are not overnight symptoms, but ones that take years.) The blood system's job is to carry the oxygen/wastes, and it can't if it's full of glucose. Smaller meals more often keeps the blood glucose lower. Staying active helps pump the blood better.

Once we've reached a certain age (60 and you and I are both there) they allow our readings to be a little higher than they did when we were younger. That's because we probably don't have enough time to begin that kind of damage.

So, eat sensible, stay active and test periodically and you don't need to fear it.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...
It's about learning to dance in the rain."
Sponsored Post Advertisement
GrannyH #686111 05/12/11 01:56 PM
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks GrannyH, I too was concerned and your info really proved helpful smile

S
S
its not compulsary that if a father and mother has diabetes, the child also will get it. i completely does not believe it and it just because of uncontrolled food habit. need to take proper diet to maintain a healthy body with little excersise also should be followed regularly.

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Welcome sarah williamS to the forum and thanks for stopping by and sharing with us smile

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Angela J. Shirley
Hi Everyone:

My mom has diabetes, so I try to make sure I get tested when I can.

Do you have diabetes?
What about your kids?
Does diabetes run in your family?
What steps are you taking to find out if you have it?
What steps are you taking to make sure you don't get it (lol)?

Thank goodness, so far I have not gotten the symptoms and have asked my only child, a girl, now 24 to do the same as she has it on BOTH sides of the family - her father's mom has diabetes. I don't know if she will take my advice as at age 24 I have to allow her to live her life her way.

Now your turn smile

Thanks,

C
C
I was diagnosed about 3 years ago. They tagged me as "gestational" but it did not go away. Medications did not work, only insulin. I had to fight with Kaiser to get them to do a test for type 1, which is what I have. But it is very uncommon for people to get type 1 in their 30's, so they thought I was stupid or something when I suggested it. My cousin also got type 1 in her 30's but she has a history on her dad's side where I am not related. Now another 2nd cousin got it at age 9. So I know there is a genetic component there, and I guess I should be thankful that I have been spared living with it until now. I am paranoid about my kids getting it - that would SUCK to have to give shots and finger pricks to a young child. I will do my damndest to make sure they eat right so there is no type 2 in their future either. There is no one with type 2 in my family, by the way & I have 10 aunts, 8 uncles and 30 cousins!

Koala
Koala
Dear Carolyn,

At one point in my life ,was diagnosed with type 2 diabeties.
The doctors had me on pills,then after pricking my finger every morning,I started having my diabeties going very down.Stopped taking the meds.Diabeties is gone .I eat sugar,no meat,i am a veggie.So when people tell me once diabetic always diabetic,It makes me laugh.It's been more than 3 years now.Never came back.

IMPORTANT: I am talking here about type 2 .

loong

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  C. Kimura 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/29/24 10:15 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.